• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Estate Sale, Redding, CA - SPEAKERS!

I’m hoping some AK members can make it. If so and you get something big that will not fit in your vehicle, “Mark’s Van & Storage” is here to help!
 
I hope one of you guys gets these two....

Bottom of left stack is one of the nicer vintage Sherwood's. I'm guessing an S-8910? Wish I still had the one I sold!

00Y0Y_5A7BJoRITMCz_0oo0ww_1200x900.jpg

On top of the MCS in the middle stack is a Marantz SR9000G. 130 WPC.

00t0t_acJkDM6qDFfz_0oo0ww_1200x900.jpg
 
201 has one tweeter and the grill that wraps around side only goes half way before meeting mdf. 301's cabinet size is larger to accommodate 8" woofer and use 2 tweeters with side grill that wraps around whole side of cabinet.

Interesting. I knew it was 1 tweeter to 2 tweeters, I didn’t realize the woofer size was different. I don’t have any in person experience with them and I am not able to judge them by size relative to other objects in a picture. Thanks for the info.
 
I guess one of the main questions left to be answered is whether or not the prices will be really good, reasonable, or ridiculous.
 
No, I did have to turn my wife’s alarm off. Somebody had to do it, might as well have been me…

Anyway, the two Yamaha’s appear to be a CR-440 and CR-600. The two Sansui’s are G-4700’s, Marantz integrated an 1150/D missing a button cap. I had one of those a couple of years ago and was not overly impressed.

I have gotten away from chasing vintage gear of late. There would have to be very good and/or unique at a good price for me to pull the trigger. My friend, however, may fill the truck as long as they are at bargain prices. Those wooden cabinets with the legs in the last picture are interesting.

I may return later in the day and see if any hidden gems are left?
 
Well, that was basically a waste of time. This sale was run by the county of which I was employed with for 32 years. Turns out all, yes all of the good gear and speakers were cherry picked yesterday by the owner of a local record store that also sells gear. I am acquainted with him some business at his store. Nice enough guy trying to make a living in a tough business. Somehow, he convinced the county to let him get the first dibs on the stuff? Some of the hand full of people there, mostly flippers I know, were not very happy. The only items that caught my eye was the SAE Two integrated and tuner that were in very nice shape cosmetically. Got them for the price of a steak dinner so…My friend went away empty handed but he’ll survive. Kind of anti-climatic I know but…
 
Well, that was basically a waste of time. This sale was run by the county of which I was employed with for 32 years. Turns out all, yes all of the good gear and speakers were cherry picked yesterday by the owner of a local record store that also sells gear. I am acquainted with him some business at his store. Nice enough guy trying to make a living in a tough business. Somehow, he convinced the county to let him get the first dibs on the stuff? Some of the hand full of people there, mostly flippers I know, were not very happy. The only items that caught my eye was the SAE Two integrated and tuner that were in very nice shape cosmetically. Got them for the price of a steak dinner so…My friend went away empty handed but he’ll survive. Kind of anti-climatic I know but…
The county was running the sale, and someone got early access? That stinks.
 
The county was running the sale, and someone got early access? That stinks.

Yes, Even though I have been retired for awhile, I still have some connections.

Me thinks there’s an issue with the SAE as well!
 

Attachments

  • D01DC310-F007-499D-81BE-873D212AA68C.jpeg
    D01DC310-F007-499D-81BE-873D212AA68C.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 33
  • D5467551-4671-40BE-BE26-4754294328E9.jpeg
    D5467551-4671-40BE-BE26-4754294328E9.jpeg
    172 KB · Views: 32
I showed this to my spouse, and they can likely feel her heat from 4.600 km away. We hate this kind of junk. If I see a sale with interesting items I email a lot of the time saying something like that I am happy to go to the sale at the time posted, but just want to check just in case there are any early viewings, and if there are I would like to be included puleeze! I am not looking for early access, I just hate comfiting to a sale on a Saturday morning from many options, then find it has been gutted.
 
I showed this to my spouse, and they can likely feel her heat from 4.600 km away. We hate this kind of junk. If I see a sale with interesting items I email a lot of the time saying something like that I am happy to go to the sale at the time posted, but just want to check just in case there are any early viewings, and if there are I would like to be included puleeze! I am not looking for early access, I just hate comfiting to a sale on a Saturday morning from many options, then find it has been gutted.

It is BS and I happen to know the Treasurer/Tax Collector who oversees these events. We will have a chat.
 
Last edited:
I showed this to my spouse, and they can likely feel her heat from 4.600 km away. We hate this kind of junk. If I see a sale with interesting items I email a lot of the time saying something like that I am happy to go to the sale at the time posted, but just want to check just in case there are any early viewings, and if there are I would like to be included puleeze! I am not looking for early access, I just hate comfiting to a sale on a Saturday morning from many options, then find it has been gutted.

or “a family member pulled it at the last minute, sorry”
 
Maybe you can find out how much money the county left on the table. Give the treasurer an idea of the going rate for those choice pieces.
 
Maybe you can find out how much money the county left on the table. Give the treasurer an idea of the going rate for those choice pieces.

I do know the sale was for a deceased person who had no heirs and the proceeds are put toward final expenses. I assume the county gets a percentage as I’m sure they don’t do it for free. The record store owner is a friend of my friend Kevin. He told Kevin he dropped $7K for the gear he got.

There were two brothers there that have an on line/CL business selling used items which include electronics. I believe it is their livelihood. I think they have the best argument with the county.
 
Back
Top Bottom