• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

EV Patrician Replicas

modifiede30

New Member
I'm curious about the value of a set of custom built EV Patrician replicas. These are nicely crafted enclosures that match the originals with 1" walnut materials, original EV sub drivers, professional JBL horns and unlike the originals, these require external x-overs. They're in excellent condition - I'll post some pics if I can figure out how to do that. Given that they're replicas though, I really have no idea of their value and I've had them for years, so I'm not sure how they'd compare in price to originals. Would appreciate any thoughts on how to value these.
 

Attachments

  • patrician3.jpg
    patrician3.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 116
  • patrician1.jpg
    patrician1.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 173
  • patrician7.jpg
    patrician7.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 80
  • patrician8.jpg
    patrician8.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 126
  • patrician6.jpg
    patrician6.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 129
Register to hide this ad
Well it's a tough call to be honest. I think they are amazing, however some will not like that they are custom built. So if you are looking to sell I would look at the drivers inside to determine the value.

You could get lucky and find that one who loves the look and driver compliment regardless that they are replicas.
 
Thanks. I'll post the model numbers once I can access the drivers - not the easiest to get to and moving these around is a bit challenging. They sound amazing and given that I'm also running a set of Apogee Full Range and Infinity IRS Beta's as points of comparison in other rooms, I can say that with confidence.
 
Do they have the EV 30W 30-inch subs?

Yes, they're running the original EV subs. I don't believe anything else is EV though but once I pull the mid I'll know for sure - that's the only other one I think might be an EV. The 2 high end drivers I know aren't EV.
 
If they were mine, I'd try a price of around $4k. You have roughly $2k alone in the pair of 30w. And I'd also be listing them with whatever crossovers you have to make a plug and play package.
 
No one spends $1000 apiece on 30W's-many ask that, but no one buys.

I'd say about $1000 for the PAIR since they're not factory, and they don't look like any Patrician design under the grill I've ever seen, and obviously has JBL drivers. Take what you can get, the components are great, but the collectors go for originality. DIY stuff is always hit or miss, especially when it deviates from the plans.

Bet they sound great, though!
 
Last edited:
Yeah, I remember seeing those on here too. Didn't connect the eBay one with him until you mentioned it.

Patrician replicas would be a challenge to move, for sure, but I think listed on eBay, with shipping offered, you could probably get at least $3000-5000 on them. Real ones go for twice that IIRC.

As parts, obviously less, but there's a lot of value in the cabinets and the fact that these are complete and a good way to get into Patricians for cheap(er).
 
I think they're worth the sum of their parts.

Cabinets look nice but they're not legit and I'd hate to eat a scampal charge-back on what it would cost to ship those to Korea.

I had a pair of 400's and ended up parting them out.
 
He's been trying to sell those for YEARS, and finally someone bought one...I'm amazed...

You are easily amazed ! . :D . BTW that's 2k not one.
As far as no one ever buys @ 1K....sorry but you are wrong.
I sold one for 1k...took maybe 2 days, listed it at $1,200.00 and got the offer for 1k fairly quick.
Didn't even have to ship it overseas. . :smoke:
 
Yes, they're running the original EV subs. I don't believe anything else is EV though but once I pull the mid I'll know for sure - that's the only other one I think might be an EV. The 2 high end drivers I know aren't EV.

The top High Frequency drivers are JBL 077's. . :yes:
 
Ya know....

..there isn't much about those that say's EV to me except the front of the cabinet.
Exactly how many drivers are in each cabinet ?
Just the three ? or is there something we aren't seeing ? . :scratch2:
How about some shots of the inside?
 
..there isn't much about those that say's EV to me except the front of the cabinet.
Exactly how many drivers are in each cabinet ?
Just the three ? or is there something we aren't seeing ? . :scratch2:
How about some shots of the inside?

There are 4 total drivers:

30" sub (faces rearward inside the bottom so you'll never see it from the front)
1 mid (think its 15 or 18" visible)
2 high end - one high, one mid. The highest is seen as a circular disc on the front, the other is behind the fins

As mentioned, once I have a chance to pull all the drivers I'll list their specs. Just not the easiest things to get to and these are obviously very heavy to move around to get to the rears.
 
Last edited:
There are 5 total drivers:

30" sub (faces rearward inside the bottom so you'll never see it from the front)
1 mid (think its 15 or 18" visible)
2 high end - one high, one mid. The highest is seen as a circular disc on the front, the other is behind the fins

As mentioned, once I have a chance to pull all the drivers I'll list their specs. Just not the easiest things to get to and these are obviously very heavy to move around to get to the rears.

''There are 5 total drivers:''....:scratch2:.....30" sub...1 mid.....2 high end..... 1+1+2...be's...uhmm... 4 .....:stupid:
 
Didn't EV supply plans for their speakers back in the day. I believe I have a folder in the basement somewhere with Electro-Voice cabinet plans in it.
 
Back
Top Bottom