• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

EV Patrician Replicas

Speaker Plans

Found the plans. It looks as though they are for EV specific drivers. ie the SP8C, MC8A, MC12A, SP12C, 12TRXC, SP15A, and 30W.

They are part of a booklet from EV called "How to build an Electro-Voice Component Speaker System. From the ground up"

Looks as though the whole package might be a good candidate for an AK database upload. I'll try to get it scanned.
 
You are easily amazed ! . :D . BTW that's 2k not one.
As far as no one ever buys @ 1K....sorry but you are wrong.
I sold one for 1k...took maybe 2 days, listed it at $1,200.00 and got the offer for 1k fairly quick.
Didn't even have to ship it overseas. . :smoke:

I got a pair of 30W's in EV utility cabinets (that were sorta ugly) for a Grand...I feel that's about retail for what they're worth....
 
Didn't EV supply plans for their speakers back in the day. I believe I have a folder in the basement somewhere with Electro-Voice cabinet plans in it.

AFAIK EV would ship complete speakers, OR kits, OR drivers: they'd ship the drivers / crossovers to individuals or dealers nationwide, or even internationally, and make the plans available for cabinets to be locally assembled.

Saved a lot in shipping costs to have the cabinets locally built.
 
I got a pair of 30W's in EV utility cabinets (that were sorta ugly) for a Grand...I feel that's about retail for what they're worth....

I sold one for 1k...took maybe 2 days, listed it at $1,200.00 and got the offer for 1k fairly quick.
Didn't even have to ship it overseas. . :smoke:

What part of that don't you get. Not to mention the fact that another Ak'er got 2K for one.
What you paid doesn't make it retail.
Besides,what is retail on something that is no longer produced.
Value would be what the market will bear.
Which BTW looks to be $600-$800 each for a couple of less than stellar examples.
How do you ''feel'' about that ?
I once bought a Mc240 for $30.00 (I have witnesses) does that mean retail on Mc240's is $30.00. . :scratch2:
I guess I'd be silly to pay more than that for one now. . :rolleyes:
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom