• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Every Day Carry

tarshark

Michael
What do AKers bring with them wherever they go? I've seen these threads on other forums, and I thought AK members might have a unique point of view (you know, with the audio addictions :yes:).

:music: I usually carry a
Nikon D60 (or Olympus OM-G, or, if I feel I need the exercise, Mamiya RB67),
a Victorinox SAK (CyberTool 29),
Wenger wrist watch (not sure what model, was a gift),
larger folder knife without all the tools (have an Opinox N°10 on order to replace the Buck 110 copy I'm carrying now),
pen (lately, Pilot Varsity … huge fan of Pilot Precise V5, though),
memo pad,
wallet,
keys,
comb,
flash drive,
and occasionally playing cards.

Don't carry the camera everywhere, but most days I have one with me.

I bet I'm the only person here who doesn't carry a portable media player of some sort. :sigh: haha
 
Register to hide this ad
What do AKers bring with them wherever they go? I've seen these threads on other forums, and I thought AK members might have a unique point of view (you know, with the audio addictions :yes:).

I bet I'm the only person here who doesn't carry a portable media player of some sort. :sigh: haha

Don't bet too much on the media player carry. I am sure there are a lot of us who don't carry one around.
 
Don't bet too much on the media player carry. I am sure there are a lot of us who don't carry one around.

Perhaps not! :) Good headphones and a headphone amp are kind of bulky, and I'm not a fan of earbuds (good IEMs or not—it's as much a comfort thing as a quality thing). If I would rather listen to speakers, I'm sure I'm not the only one. :scratch2:
 
Last edited:
If we're talking about walking or public transportation, I think it'd be foolish to wear headphones around, these days. There are just too many nuts running loose, and you need to have your wits about you. But as far as carrying a lot of crap, err, "necessary items", that's what those cool little backpacks are for. :thmbsp: I can carry tools, jackets, drinks, and anything I may accumulate on the way, and still have a free hand for opening doors. I know it sounds a little sissified, but these things make you understand women & their purses, all these years. You can just carry a LOT of stuff, easily. :D
 
wallet,comb,keys,a bit of cash[40 or less usually],smokes and a bic lighter...that's it :)

there is always a multibit screwdriver,a Cdn Army issue pocket knife[who needs the swiss? :)]and various other useful bits in the glovebox or trunk of the car tho
 
Phone, wallet. No cash. Car keys if I'm going to be driving. If I had anything else, I certainly would not tell anyone. You'll see it if you need to, but you won't see anything else, ever.
 
Car keys & wallet,since I cut way down on smoking I leave my cigarettes and lighter at home.
 
Last edited:
keys
wallet
cell phone
Hewlett Packard 15C calculator :nerd:
fancy pen (currently a Cross w/ felt tip cartridge)
(occasionally) iPod classic w/ Koss PortaPro 'phones
and one of my many odd/geeky wristwatches, such as this stylish number. :D
-Adam
 
my new iphone (I'm now in the 21st century) it's music, a very decent camera, phone
driver's license
debit card
cash
 
Smart Phone
Explorer Victronox Swiss Army knife
Spyderco Bryd folding knife
small revolver
Pentel P500 gel rollerball pen
Keys
Wallet
 
the Grohmann #3 CAF knife or something different?

the Grohmann would be a bit overkill for most daily uses LOL.the one i keep is a Camillus stainless folding knife,the same model was also available to US forces...while not having all the fancy gear of a swiss army knife,the Camillus could likely be used to smash one to bits :) it's handy,sharp and near indestructible :)
 
Last edited:
I carry Chuck Norris.

:arrow:

Personal: wallet, watch, CRKT M16 knife, Streamlight MicroStream flashlight, MyTouch 4G
Work: wallet, watch, Leatherman Wave, Streamlight ProTac 2AA, Nextel radio, MyTouch 4G
 
Last edited:
I carry Chuck Norris.

:arrow:

Personal: wallet, watch, CRKT M16 knife, Streamlight MicroStream flashlight, MyTouch 4G
Work: wallet, watch, Leatherman Wave, Streamlight ProTac 2AA, Nextel radio, MyTouch 4G

Chuck Norris carries me around. I don't need nothin'
 
Back
Top Bottom