• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

EXTERNAL AMP FOR KLIPSCH RT-10D SUBWOOFER

Hank Keeton

New Member
Greetings,

My beloved RT-10D subwoofer amp died. Can I simple rewire the active driver to accept a signal from an external amp, like the Dayton Audio SA1000, or similar?

Any help will be greatly appreciated....

Cheers,

Hank
 
Register to hide this ad
I did that with an M&K Volkswoofer for a couple years - don't see why not.
 
Unless there is something oddball about the driver, should be doable.

While the SA-1000 is a convenient package I'd consider something like a Crown XLS1002 and a miniDSP for even more flexibility at a similar price. If you found a used power amp you could use that with the miniDSP for the greater flexibility at even lower cost.

Gotta be willing to use a computer to set the miniDSP. It's not hard but I know some don't want to deal with that stuff. It has a lot more powerful features than the capability of the SA-1000 though. Dayton has the subwoofer DSP module that more high tech than the SA-1000 settings and that's less cost than the miniDSP but the miniDSP is still more flexible at not a ton more $$.
 
Unless there is something oddball about the driver, should be doable.

While the SA-1000 is a convenient package I'd consider something like a Crown XLS1002 and a miniDSP for even more flexibility at a similar price. If you found a used power amp you could use that with the miniDSP for the greater flexibility at even lower cost.

Gotta be willing to use a computer to set the miniDSP. It's not hard but I know some don't want to deal with that stuff. It has a lot more powerful features than the capability of the SA-1000 though. Dayton has the subwoofer DSP module that more high tech than the SA-1000 settings and that's less cost than the miniDSP but the miniDSP is still more flexible at not a ton more $$.

And...thank you for that detailed help...now I can "chew" on some possibilities...!
 
Back
Top Bottom