• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Fair price for ADS 910's?

antrat

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I was working in a customers house this morning and came across a pair of ads 910 speakers. They belonged to her son who was killed 2 years ago in a motorcycle accident. When I asked if she wanted to sell them, she said I know he paid over $2000 when he bought them new way back when. When I asked how much she would like for them, she said how about $500.

I don't know if there is any other audio gear around the house, at least I didn't see any laying around. I know these speakers came with stands but I didn't see any when I was working. The speakers are in mint condition, they have the lcd's panels behind the grills. I believe they are the model 910's, there isn't a L before the number. All the drivers look to be in very nice condition, not a mark anywhere on the drivers or cabs.

Is this a fair price for both parties for these speakers?

Thank You for you're opinions,

Scott
 
Register to hide this ad
Work on her some, but def try to get them!

gratuitous photo bombs....

ADS_910_Left_Drivers.jpg


CIMG0634.JPG


1_6742e2fdac3eab71db451b74bee4dfde.jpg
 
I think that the price seems about right if they are in the mint condition as you say...maybe a bit high since they do not have stands.
 
Yep, that's them, looks like those stands wouldn't be to hateful to fab,
sure could use a few good pics of them to go by if I get them.

Well if thats the case, I'm going back on Saturday with cash in hand and see if I can get them for 400 or a little less. They sure are heavy suckers, you'd think she'd be glad to get rid of them.

scott
 
The last set on eBay went for $550 w/o stands, so the $500 is not outrageous at all, especially for speakers as sweet as these may be.

FWIW, I've just began to listen to a set of lesser L810s and have been smitten badly by their charms :yes:
 
Yes Sir, they do have a way of sucking you in. I have a pair of the 600's and some 990's, having a bit of a time kicking the habit here. I figure even at 4 or 5 you could probably still make money on a mint pair if you went to sell them off. We will see what Saturday brings!

scott
 
$500 is a fair price. I'd have difficulty getting her to come down too much given the circumstances of the sale. Best of luck.
 
I would run and dive at the chance to own these. I have it so that now my rig sounds so good I can barely bring myself to turn the thing off at the end of the day (and usually don't). I WOULD never turn it off if I had these!
 
I have 2 pair of the 910s, as they are one of my favorite speakers. If the speakers are in as nice condition as you describe - I would think $500 for the pair wouldn't be out of line. I think they are truly a great speaker.
 
The consensus appears to be that $500 is a fair price for standless 910's and from what you say mint cond. as well. I would have to agree that $500 is VERY fair especially in mint. condition with the LED (not LCD:tongue:) boards no less.

I wouldn't bat an eye lash forking over $500 but I would however NOT haggle considering it was a very unexpected find while working in someone's home. These were not advertised for sale and you were bold enough to inquire about them. The owner graciously seemed to have agreed to sell asking $500 so I'd be just as gracious and grateful in accepting. Now this is just MY perspective and opinion here so take it for what it's worth.
 
I 100% agree.

I wouldn't bat an eye lash forking over $500 but I would however NOT haggle considering it was a very unexpected find while working in someone's home. These were not advertised for sale and you were bold enough to inquire about them. The owner graciously seemed to have agreed to sell asking $500 so I'd be just as gracious and grateful in accepting
 
Big fat hairy ugly bummer, didn't get the 910's, called her up on Saturday and she told me she had been talking to her daughter about the speakers and wanted to hold off. Called her back yesterday and she said she'd get back to me. Called me back a couple hours ago, evidently her daughter went out on the net, "looked around" and decided to keep them for herself, so she says. She may have visited this site, who knows.

I told her to give her my name and number incase she changes her mind, best I can do I guess.

Learned a couple lessons here, just buy the stuff when you see it, dont ask and walk away and dont ask around. Always keep 500 in your pocket.

Better luck next time I guess, just a touch dissapointed here.
 
Ouch! Thee who hesitates is lost. So they're the same driver configuration as my L1530s. Is the sensitivity the same, 95 dB?
 
Big fat hairy ugly bummer, didn't get the 910's, called her up on Saturday and she told me she had been talking to her daughter about the speakers and wanted to hold off. Called her back yesterday and she said she'd get back to me. Called me back a couple hours ago, evidently her daughter went out on the net, "looked around" and decided to keep them for herself, so she says. She may have visited this site, who knows.

I told her to give her my name and number incase she changes her mind, best I can do I guess.

Learned a couple lessons here, just buy the stuff when you see it, dont ask and walk away and dont ask around. Always keep 500 in your pocket.

Better luck next time I guess, just a touch dissapointed here.
"so she says"

Even if she has decided to sell for more I wouldn't blame her.

Anytime you google it's easy to come across threads like this. Frankly, if I saw this thread, I would have had second thoughts selling to a person who would decide to haggle over her son's legacy to them.

I'm sure she was a little more than a tad disappointed over her son's death.

Better to have left the personal information off and ask about value here. Or do your research. By adding the personal information here it makes you look like you are ignoring the sentiment involved and in it just for the win.
 
Sorry to hear the sale slipped away dude..

Nike had their slogan "JUST DO IT"
AudioKarma's shud be "JUST BUY IT (if it is a fair price, the item is in good cond and you have the cash on you)"
 
$500 was a win-win. You'll find them out there for $500 with lees than perfect cosmetics. I would have happily paid the $500.

Paying a premium for perfect gear is the best thing to do unless you have money /knowledge /time to fix any gear.
 
Back
Top Bottom