• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Favorite 5 Christmas Albums

Grainger49

Old Fart
Subscriber
I know there is a "what are you playing" thread.

But what are your all time 5 all time favorite Christmas albums?

(I couldn't raise the number myself, why should you?)

1. Bing Crosby Merry Christmas (face on cover w/White Christmas)
2. The Chieftans The Bells Of Dublin
3. Mason Williams Christmas Album, yeah that's the name
4. Mannheim Steamroller Christmas Album (the first!)
5. Johnny Mathis For Christmas, I admit it!

Now you go:
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Bing Crosby - I Wish You A Merry Christmas - (Warner Bros 7 Arts)
The Partridge Family - A Partridge Family Christmas Card (Bell)
The Jackson 5 - Christmas Album (Motown)
Kenny Rogers - Christmas (Liberty)
Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton - Once Upon A Christmas (RCA)

Sorry, I'm a bubblegummer at heart...and I guess cuz the PF and J5 were the first Xmas albums I ever owned. If I could list more....I'd mention The Carpenters, The Temptations, The Supremes, Paul Revere and The Raiders, and yes Mantovani...LOL
 
:scratch2: I really cant answer this question. I only have 3 Christmas albums.
But I will share what I have.

1. Dianna Krall - Christmas Songs
2. TSO - Christmas Eve & Other Stories
3. TSO - The Christmas Attic
 
1) Johnny Mathis - Merry Christmas
2) Nat King Cole - The Christmas Song
3) Various Artists - The 12 Hits Of Christmas (came across this many years ago on the UA Label. Original recordings by Cole, Autry, Crosby, Chipmunks etc..)
4) Phil Spector - A Christmas Wish For You
5) Vince Guaraldi - A Charlie Brown Christmas
 
My Favorites:
Sorry, more than 5. These are the sine qua non for us.

Bruce Cockburn Christmas
Stevan Pasero Christmas Classics for Guitar
The Life Treasury of Christmas Music
Fred Waring presents... Christmas Around the World (1957 Capitol promo album)
Gisele MacKenzie Christmas with Gisele
Eugene Ormandy/Philadelphia Symphony Greatest Christmas Hits
 
Second the Vince Guaraldi, Bing Crosby, Mannheim Steamroller, and Johnny Mathis, and add one I imagine most folks haven't heard.

Voices of The Season: A Cappella -

In my DJ days this became my favorite Christmas album. First released in '91, and out of print by '92, a copy is hard to find. I snagged one on eBay a couple weeks back! WooHoo! If you can find one, grab it!

Here's the song list on this one...

1. Away In A Manger - Willie Nelson
2. Go Tell It On The Mountain - Tim Mensy
3. O Holy Night - Shelby Lynne
4. O Little Town Of Bethlehem - Doug Stone
5. O Come All Ye Faithful - Ricky Skaggs
6. Joy To The World - Vern Gosdin
7. O Come, O Come Emmanuel - Mike Reid
8. It Came Upon A Midnight Clear - Tammy Wynette
9. The First Noel - Les Taylor
10. Silent Night - Zaca Creek
 
You can't forget

Vince Guaraldi - A Charlie Brown Christmas

Plus...

Nat King Cole's - The Christmas Song
Peggy Lee - Christmas With Peggy Lee
attachment.php

The Beach Boys - Christmas Album
Ella Fitzgerald - Ella wishes you a swinging Christmas!

Honorable Mention:

Al Green Christmas
Squirrel Nut Zippers - Christmas Caravan
 
:music:
1 - The Nutcracker/Tchaikovsky - Ormandy/Philadelphia Orchestra
2 - Nat King Cole - The Christmas Song
3 - Frank Sinatra - The Sinatra Christmas Album
4 - Andy Williams - The Andy Williams Christmas Album
5 - Johnny Mathis - For Christmas
 
:music:
1 - The Nutcracker/Tchaikovsky - Ormandy/Philadelphia Orchestra
2 - Nat King Cole - The Christmas Song
3 - Frank Sinatra - The Sinatra Christmas Album
4 - Andy Williams - The Andy Williams Christmas Album
5 - Johnny Mathis - For Christmas

These are indeed the top five.
Great chioces.
 
These are guilty pleasures I am confessing:

John Denver - Rocky Mountain Christmas - song: Aspenglow

Osmond Brothers Christmas Album - song: A Very Merry Christmas.

Carpenters - Christmas Portrait - song: Merry Christmas Darling

Neil Diamond - The Christmas Album - song: You Make It Feel Like Christmas

Merrill Osmond has a wonderful sounding wail to his voice - trust me - it's a great tune. :music:
 
Is this the Osmonds Christmas Album on Polydor from 1976? Jimmy's got a good up-tempo song "It Never Snows In L.A.".
 
Vince Guaraldi's A Charlie Brown Christmas is my #1 and will always be. However, may I enlighten you on these....

Trans-Siberian Orchestra - The Lost Christmas Eve
Trans-Siberian Orchestra - The Christmas Attic
Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Christmas Eve And Other Stories

For a change of pace. :thmbsp:
 
Sqdlvr - you are correct - this is the album with JO singing "It Never Snow in LA".

They've re-released this on CD, but left half the songs off. The original was a double album.
 
Yes, I bought the cd on the presumption that it was the whole album...They even left off Jimmy's song...CURB records should be punished!!! 75Center you are right about Merrill Osmond's voice. I loved the albums Phase III and Crazy Horses! Those albums rocked...
 
5 Faves

1. Lynn Anderson -The Christmas Album
2. Loretta Lynn -Country Christmas
3. Vince Guaraldi - Charlie Brown Christmas
4. Ray Conniff -Christmas With Conniff
5 Eugene Ormandy/Philadelphia Orchestra -Glorious Sound Of Christmas
lorettachris1.jpg
 
. . . may I enlighten you on these....

Trans-Siberian Orchestra - The Lost Christmas Eve
Trans-Siberian Orchestra - The Christmas Attic
Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Christmas Eve And Other Stories

For a change of pace. :thmbsp:

I had wondered. Thanks for the information.

:thmbsp::thmbsp::thmbsp:
 
You can't forget

Vince Guaraldi - A Charlie Brown Christmas

Without a doubt the absolute best. Also:

The Brian Seltzer Orchestra - Dig That Crazy Christmas.
James Taylor - A Christmas Album
Dean Martin - Christmas With Dino
Nat King Cole - A Christmas Song

And tho I don't have copy - I remember Alvin and the Chipmunks Album as a kid :banana:
 
Ok, here are my favorites:

The Nutcracker (full ballet score) Leonard Slatkin/St. Louis Symphony.

The Christmas Song- Nat King Cole (Ths seems to be on everybody's list, for good reason).

The Spirit of Christmas- Ray Charles (GREAT version of The Little Drummer Boy).

White Christmas- Bing Crosby (My version of this sounds like an old live radio show from the 40s.)

In the Christmas Mood- The Glenn Miller Orchestra (This was actually recorded in 1992 by Glenn Miller band alumni, but soulnd cool enough).
 
Back
Top Bottom