• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Favorite 5 Christmas Albums

Current favorite:

81kxswDqZbL._SL1500_.jpg
 
5 faves?
-A Charlie Brown Christmas; Vince Guaraldi Trio (timeless)
-Merry Christmas; Johnny Mathis (what a voice!)
-Partridge Family Christmas Card; The Partridge family (better than you think it is)
-Have a Holly Jolly Christmas; Burl Ives (Surprisingly good!)
-Happy Holiday; Jo Stafford (it's short, but her voice makes up for it)
 
I'm not sure what my top five would be, but these get some play every year:

The Guaraldi Charlie Brown album
Duke Pearson - Merry Ole Soul
Duke Ellington - The Nutcracker
Ella Fitzgerald Wishes You A Swinging Christmas
Shorty Rogers - The Swinging Nutcracker
An Oscar Peterson Christmas
 
My five mostest favorite Christmas albums... plus one "Holiday" album.

medievalmt3.jpg

A MEDIEVAL CHRISTMAS
Boston Camerata


tapestrytt5.jpg

A TAPESTRY OF CAROLS
Maddy Prior and The Carnival Band


brucevy7.jpg

CHRISTMAS
Bruce Cockburn


ancientjr2.jpg

ANCIENT NOELS
Maggie Sansone and Ensemble Galilei


wassailab1.jpg

WASSAIL! WASSAIL!
John Langstaff, Jean Ritchie, and the Christmas Revels



And for the "Holiday" spirit...

hifirt4.jpg

HI-FIDELITY HOLIDAY
A Starbucks Holiday Compilation in Stereo
Jingle Bells - Esquivel
Jingle Bell Jamboree - Keb' Mo'
Winter Wonderland - Cocteau Twins
Baby, It's Cold outside - Dean Martin
Sleigh Ride - Combustible Edison
Hallelujah - Leonard Cohen
Thanks for Christmas - Three Wise Men (XTC)
Christmas Wish - El Vez
Merry Christmas Baby - James Brown
Happy Christmas (War Is Over) - The Alarm
Little Drummer Boy - Temptations
I Like a Sleighride (Jingle Bells) - Peggy Lee
Christmas Must Be Tonight - Robbie Robertson
We Four Kings - Blue Hawaiians
Christmas Auld Lang Sang - Bobby Darin.
​


Check 'em all out!

For old time's sake, nothing much has changed (other than that crappy image server ImageShack lost the Cockburn image) ...and Hi-Fidelity Holiday remains a 'Holiday' CD. Not a Christmas recording.
 
PM, those look interesting. Just what I would expect from you. I have the Maggie Sansone and will look for the rest.

I'll admit here. I have a Sony Carousel CD changer stuffed with 97 Christmas CDs. Every year I bring it down and put it on shuffle. I don't play Christmas LPs. But I also don't play MP3s either.
 
PM, those look interesting. Just what I would expect from you. I have the Maggie Sansone and will look for the rest.

I'll admit here. I have a Sony Carousel CD changer stuffed with 97 Christmas CDs. Every year I bring it down and put it on shuffle. I don't play Christmas LPs. But I also don't play MP3s either.

I don't play my LPs at our annual Christmas gathering either. Being a Minidisc fan, I've transferred most of my holiday LPs to minidisc; what's nice about them is that I can record them to the disc in mono, therefore taking some of the ghoulish "stereo" sound LPs I have, and putting them back to mono where they belong. Some of them are really, really hard to listen to in fake stereo.
 
Back
Top Bottom