• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Favorite Comic Strip?

pioneervato

Lunatic Member
I don't know if this has ever been up before but I was wondering what your favorite comic strips via the newspaper would be. I know there are a lot of strips out there that many of us are not familiar with that might make your "favorites" list with but it would be fun to look them up. These are my current favorites (past and present):

Calvin and Hobbes
Get Fuzzy
Piranha Club
Far Side
Zits
Baby Blues
Pearls Before Swine (great strip I like more and more)

I could certainly list more but I tried to keep it to just a few.

And I can't forget to mention "Foxtrot". Too bad it's now only a Sunday strip. I guess some of these guys make so much money that they can cut back or give it up completely and live off of the royalties and marketing of their characters as some of them have done.

My worst pick, at least in my local paper is "F Minus". I don't care much for Family Circus either even though Bil Keane is a local and has been around forever and a day. I think the guy who does "F Minus" is a local as well. And yet for some reason, I read them. Go figure.
 
Register to hide this ad
I don't know if this has ever been up before but I was wondering what your favorite comic strips via the newspaper would be. I know there are a lot of strips out there that many of us are not familiar with that might make your "favorites" list with but it would be fun to look them up. These are my current favorites (past and present):


My worst pick, at least in my local paper is "F Minus". I don't care much for Family Circus either even though Bil Keane is a local and has been around forever and a day. I think the guy who does "F Minus" is a local as well. And yet for some reason, I read them. Go figure.



I thought Bill Keane had died. Any one else heard this? sorry for the Hijack.
 
Calvin and Hobbes
Get Fuzzy
Far Side
Zits
Baby Blues
Pearls Before Swine (great strip I like more and more)

...
And I can't forget to mention "Foxtrot".
Good selection, your list pretty much covers what I try to read off and on. There used to be more, but they became movies and for some reason dropped to poor quality long before that.

One I'd like to add is Ballard Street. It helps partially fill the void Far Side left when Gary Larson called it quits.

- JP
 
These days: Zits

Borgman and Scott capture the attitude and antics of a teenager perfectly!
 
Favorites:
Calvin and Hobbes
Mr. Boffo (not remembered anymore
Herman (same as above)
Garfield (the older ones)
Zits
Foxtrot
 
Dilbert (I lived this every day for 12 years.)
Zits (My girls are 18 and 21 now. Classic!)
Doonesbury

Edit: If I include strips no longer active:
Calvin & Hobbes
 
Peanuts. My favorites are the fifties strips, but I grew up in the seventies reading it in the paper, so it's a major warm and fuzzy nostalgia trip for me, even the rather unentertaining late ones.

Let's face it, if we could all be a bit more like Linus, the world would be a much better place. Although my plan for a better world could take or leave The Great Pumpkin. But I do appreciate sincere pumpkin patches, especially this time of year.
 
In our local newspaper, the best comic strip is a toss-up between the front page and the letters to the editor.
 
Anybody remember "Our Boarding House w/Major Hoople"? or "The Katzenjammer Kids" ? But I'm from a different era than most of youse...
 
Back
Top Bottom