• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

February 6th-Chicago-Area Get Together, Anyone Interested?

Scott, it was great seeing you and your friend. Let's not make it only a once a year thing!

Robie,

I really enjoyed your fest and hope to make others! There were a lot of cool people to talk to. And I should of networked more.

If your up here in Appleton Friday and Saturday I would really like to try and hook up with you as I think I can give you a whole new perspective on what is possible in the DIY world of Audio.

I would also like to thank SWL for making me aware of the opportunity to share a great day.

SET12 :thmbsp:

See your mail private e-mail I don't know if it went through.
 
Last edited:
Robie,

I really enjoyed your fest and hope to make others! There were a lot of cool people to talk to. And I should of networked more.

If your up here in Appleton Friday and Saturday I would really like to try and hook up with you as I think I can give you a whole new perspective on what is possible in the DIY world of Audio.

I would also like to thank SWL for making me aware of the opportunity to share a great day.

SET12 :thmbsp:

See your mail private e-mail I don't know if it went through.

Got it! I'll be in touch, SET12! Always wanted to hear some SETs.

Glad you could make it!
 
Sounds like I missed a good one. Wish I could have made it but for comparison, this is where I was on Saturday. My camera won't go panoramic enough to get the whole grounds in one pic.
 

Attachments

  • Faith Home.jpg
    Faith Home.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Faith Home2.jpg
    Faith Home2.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 18
It's an orphanage complex in Honduras called Faith Home (www.faithhome.net). Our church association supports it and I was working down there for a week. No snow. :D
 
Good for you guys, very cool. Beautiful country. I think the commute to work would be a little long though.
 
Sounds like I missed a good one. Wish I could have made it but for comparison, this is where I was on Saturday. My camera won't go panoramic enough to get the whole grounds in one pic.

The pics indicate you were at my house. Looks just like my back yard! Only now there is about 14" of snow on it so it looks flat. :D

Yeah, good for you Ray. We missed you this year.
 
Thanks for hosting Robie!

Robie:

Once again I had a really nice time. The spread was great and the camaradie was excellent.

The systems on display showed that component synergy is really important to get great sound. Some combinations simply did not work. While others were fabulous.

I enjoyed Ed's Eico HF81 integrated, Rega CD player with the Klipsch speakers (RB5s?) on stands. But then the Eico sounded great with Ed's Cornwall IIs!

The best combination for me was Mike's Dynaco Mk3s with Kirk57's VanL speaker works. I didn't hear the Regas too much.

The Cayin MT50 with the B&W DM3000 Rocked Robie's basement! Whew.

The PC base music source was the Eastern Electric buffer was very very impressive.

Looking forward to next year!

Kwing
 
Looks like you guys had a great time!!! Even without me :D. I've been following this thread from the start. Some really great AK'rs & equipment there and I would have like to have met that Moby dude :yes:. Thanks again for the invite Bob! :thmbsp:
 
Man...the things I miss when I don't check on the site for a few weeks. I'm only 75mi away and would have loved to do the meet and greet with some of the area AK folks. Oh well...I'll have to pay more attention in the future.
Hibuck...
 
Kwingylee, thanks for coming. There really were lots of combos and some worked well and some didn't.

Cactus Bob, hope you can make it back to your old haunts and make it next year!

Hibuck, after 4 of these, I don't think we have yet outgrown my house, but we're getting close. I do plan to do it all again next year.

Perhaps some other Chicago-Area member wants to host a mid year get together before that? I'll help!
 
Perhaps some other Chicago-Area member wants to host a mid year get together before that? I'll help!
I host a big cookout on Labor Day weekend called Central Fest, with folks from the area as well as out of town. About 35 people showed up this past year, so who knows? Robie, I know you sometimes have plans that weekend, but it's not too soon to start thinking about it.

The format is different, in that it's not really set up for folks bringing their gear along...I have a lot of stuff set up on demo (I am an audio dealer, BTW, but I take that hat off for the most part) which I don't care to move out of the way. Other than that, everybody seems to have an awesome time...

Thoughts?
 
I host a big cookout on Labor Day weekend called Central Fest, with folks from the area as well as out of town. About 35 people showed up this past year, so who knows? Robie, I know you sometimes have plans that weekend, but it's not too soon to start thinking about it.

The format is different, in that it's not really set up for folks bringing their gear along...I have a lot of stuff set up on demo (I am an audio dealer, BTW, but I take that hat off for the most part) which I don't care to move out of the way. Other than that, everybody seems to have an awesome time...

Thoughts?
Brian,

Good thinking, and if I'm in town that weekend, I'll attend and fulfill my offer to help. Unfortunately, my plans for both Memorial Day and Labor Day usually involve travel to norther Wisconsin to friend's cabins. As invites haven't been extended yet I don't know what that weekend holds.
 
Back
Top Bottom