• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

February 6th-Chicago-Area Get Together, Anyone Interested?

2010 get together

Robie:

Thanks for hosting again. I should be able to make it.

Anyone interested in hearing a pair of vintage AR-2AXs? I picked those up over the holidays.

Kwingylee
 
Robie:

Thanks for hosting again. I should be able to make it.

Anyone interested in hearing a pair of vintage AR-2AXs? I picked those up over the holidays.

Kwingylee

Having picked up some AR4xs (recently recapped, redoped and pot rehabbed), absolutely!!!! Looking forward to hearing them.
 
If I can make it, I would like to offer this.

Anybody who shows up can clean up to 4 of their LP's on my VPI 16.5. Ill show you how it works and leave you to it. If its really gnarly, wash it in the sink at home first!

Evan
 
Wife just gave me the thumbs up, unless there is a major disaster Ill be there.

Evan

Evan,

The wife's invited too! My wife always enjoys talking to the other "audio widows" and is a good sport about it. That goes for anyone else attending (wife, significant other or otherwise).
 
Glenn, don't forget to bring some Steely Dan.

Always....

and Clay last year you turned us on to the Muddy Waters Folk Singer album? ...fantastic...I have since played if for quite a few...my 18 year old Son loves it....if you have any more gems I am all ears.
 
Always....

and Clay last year you turned us on to the Muddy Waters Folk Singer album? ...fantastic...I have since played if for quite a few...my 18 year old Son loves it....if you have any more gems I am all ears.

I'll do some digging!:thmbsp:
 
I look forward to it again this year. I'll bring some Klipsch RB-75 large bookshelves......anxious to hear them with your B&K gear.
 
Robie
Count me in. I promis not to bring the BIG JBL speakers,but I wil bring my Dynaco MK3 and my ATMA-SPHERE MP-3 pre amp if youd like.I had a blast at the last gathering. You and your wife always host a great party and make all feel welcome.
Mike
 
Robie
Count me in. I promis not to bring the BIG JBL speakers,but I wil bring my Dynaco MK3 and my ATMA-SPHERE MP-3 pre amp if youd like.I had a blast at the last gathering. You and your wife always host a great party and make all feel welcome.
Mike

Sounds great, Mike. Looking forward to it! Maybe I can actually hear the MK3s this year!
 
Robie
Count me in. I promis not to bring the BIG JBL speakers,but I wil bring my Dynaco MK3 and my ATMA-SPHERE MP-3 pre amp if youd like.I had a blast at the last gathering. You and your wife always host a great party and make all feel welcome.
Mike

Hey, look who came out of hiding!!

Mike only shows up for the snacks.:D
 
Robie
Count me in. I promis not to bring the BIG JBL speakers,but I wil bring my Dynaco MK3 and my ATMA-SPHERE MP-3 pre amp if youd like.I had a blast at the last gathering. You and your wife always host a great party and make all feel welcome.
Mike

Helpful hint to new folks...leave before Mike does. You do NOT want to help this guy with loadout. ;)
 
I am a tentative yes... I have my Daughter that day but she might have to work. Handy Hamlet (Todd)... Would you want to car pool or are you heading down with someone else?
 
I'm alone so far. I think we are the only two from the great white north who have replied?

I don't mind driving but I only have room for one. (pick-up truck)
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom