• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Finally a "score"

Great Finds !!!.:banana::rockon::music:
Yeah I quit looking for audio gear about 10 or 15 years ago once everybody started going off the insane internet pricing. I have came across some real gems especially during the early to mid 90s down in Marco Island and Naples Florida. I have found pieces for pennies that most collectors would drool over..lol
 
My lucky streak continues, I decided to stop by a huge goodwill outlet center (the type where everything is put into huge bins with no rhyme or reason and everybody digs through them) in a real shady area to try to find some shop lights. While scavenging through my second bin and about to walk out because everything seemed to be junk I saw the bottom of a turntable, nice Dual 604 w/grado cart. I kept digging and found a set of excellent condition bose 301's, set of Jamo bookshelves that sound great, and two Rotel 960bx amps. Whats even better is everything works and I paid under $100.

Hope you had gloves on (ha). I've been to some GW outlets once (maybe twice ok would not want to admit it), that's the end of the line for stuff getting put out to the landfill.

Nice find on the Rotels - I've scored a couple of Rotel RX receivers from same time frame that I really like in thrifts, the mid 2000's stuff is were the action is if you like thrifting these days, and is good quality.
 
Yea, I'll probably never go into a Goodwill outlet again, I just got lucky I guess. The place was just flooded with junk, most garbage although I couldn't believe the amount of cd players and dvd/bluray there had to be at least 30 decent looking units.
 
Back
Top Bottom