• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Finally g901db!!!!

Kale

Super Member
Guys, finally I have it!:banana:
Sansui G901DB is mine! And it is in fantastic condition, and I have bought it in Croatia from the first owner! That gentleman is from Zagreb, and he has worked in Sansui branch office for former Yugoslavia as economist in late 70ies. Today he is an artist, and as you can see on G901DB, it has some paint on it, but that is not so dangerous because I can simply remove this.
And now, some pictures of it:

PICT0804_.jpg


PICT0803_.jpg


PICT0796_.jpg


PICT0798_.jpg


And what is the most important, it has all original parts, and genuine Sanken power transistors too! Nowhere I cant see rust, or some damage, it is really very nice!
 
Register to hide this ad
Looks fantastic.

The power supply tranny and caps look terrific. I bet it sounds even better than it looks.:thmbsp:

Jorge
 
COngratulations Kale, it looks gorgeous !

I am restoring a G-9000DB myself, and the inside looks exactly the same.

From your picture, I noticed the de-emphasis switch on the tuner board is on the 75us position.
You should set it to 50us for Europe.
 
Kale,

When you work your magic on the G-901DB please make a thread of it and include your replacement parts list as your restore the Sansui.

Congrats! :thmbsp:
 
Thank you guys!
I have an experience with restoring G901DB because I did that job for one gentleman one or two years before.
Here it is some pictures from that time... (at attachment)
 

Attachments

  • PICT0022_s.jpg
    PICT0022_s.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 166
  • PICT0071skinut_kond_s.jpg
    PICT0071skinut_kond_s.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 152
  • PICT0028_s.jpg
    PICT0028_s.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 143
  • Boards_s.jpg
    Boards_s.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 179
  • G901DB_finished_s.jpg
    G901DB_finished_s.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 175
COngratulations Kale, it looks gorgeous !

From your picture, I noticed the de-emphasis switch on the tuner board is on the 75us position.
You should set it to 50us for Europe.
Thank you Tichu! Yes you are right! But it will be completely restored and I will do tuner alignment after I will recaped tuner board.
 
I am VERY envious .. and I`m not even sure how to SPELL envious ! . <- but THATS what I am ;)

:music: Keep us posted on the progress of this project!
 
Congrats on your "new" Sansui.:thmbsp: That has to be a rare item in your neck of the woods.
 
Finally done!!!!

I must tell you big job is done on this receiver!!
First I am going to show you what is installed in this G901DB:
attachment.php

All those NOS boards I have bought from Nies when he didnt has a web store, just a year ago from now :)

So, if you dont recognized on that picture above, I am going to list all those boards:
- Tuner Board
- Selector Board
- Driver Boards
- Protection and Power Supply Board
- Phono Board
- Volume Potentiometer

And G901DB now looks like on picture below:
20090917_203623_Final_C.jpg


20090917_203644_Final_a.jpg


20090917_203700_Final_B.jpg


20090917_204116_Logo.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom