• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Finally g901db!!!!

But, that job was not so easy... first I had a big problem with replacement those two Tuner boards... you can read at T_H_I_S thread about that problem, but thanks to johnny_fever I fixed it ! :thmbsp:

And new tuner board is on its place :)
Tuner%20board_below_G901.jpg


attachment.php


Some of wire connection for that board I made by help of johnny_fever because in Service Manual you have only new Tuner Board F-2920, but not old F-2719.

20090917_221424_conn_a.jpg


20090917_221440_conn_b.jpg


20090917_221457_conn_c.jpg


So as you see on pictures above, I made that white wire connection because for F-2920 it was not installed...
 

Attachments

  • New_Tuner_Board.jpg
    New_Tuner_Board.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 205
And replacing Protection and Power Supply Board...

Here they are the both boards, new and old...
20090918_080147_Protection_Boar.jpg


And old removed...
20090918_080214_Old_Prot_Board_.jpg


Finally new installed..
Boards_below_finished.jpg
 
Soft Start Relay Old:
attachment.php


And New one:
attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • Soft_Start_Rel.jpg
    Soft_Start_Rel.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 204
  • PICT2395.jpg
    PICT2395.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 205
Hi Kale,
Another fine resto I see. You sure know your Sansui equipment. Have a great weekend. Later johnny Fever
 
Beautiful work..........

Hi Kale,
From numerous past postings it's obvious you are a craftsman!....Your 'G' is
beautiful, and I'm sure it sounds as good.....Thanks for sharing your story
and photo's, it's an inspiration for us,.......Cheers, T:music:
 
Great job Zeljko:tresbon:

A lot of work, but the results are there, it looks like new.
I'm glad I could help you with the NOS boards:D
 
Fantastic job Kale, great photos, thank you for taking the trouble to post this, as has already been said - a great inspiration to us all. :thmbsp::thmbsp::thmbsp:
 
Light...

Thank you Hyperion for nice words for my job :)


I will show you something interesting...
You probably know that the different between G901 and G9000 is in color of
background of Dial Scale, on G901 that background is silver, but on G9000 is
gold... So you also probably know that Sansui light bulbs for G receivers are
8V 300 mA, and they are working on 7V power supply because of much more
longer life of those bulbs. But lower supply voltage cause yellow light of
those bulbs, which is pretty nice on G9000 with gold dial scale background,
but on silver background of G901, for me, not...
So Stanley (the factory of those bulbs) made a light green bulbs, and
because of that the light is not yellow any more, it is so close to white, and
they still working on lower voltage than nominal...

20090919_094002_green_Lamp.jpg


Those bulbs I have bought from Mr.Ger, one another gentleman in
Netherlands who has also Sansui parts...

And here you can see the difference between G901 (upper position) and
G8000 (lower position).

20090919_094455_Rasvjeta.jpg
 
Last edited:
Great job of restoring a truly beautiful receiver! :music: :thmbsp:

Thanks for sharing all the pics. Your restoration work is an inspiration for the rest of us.
 
Again thanks for nice words....

I see you like pictures from restorations, so I will show you some new...

First of all, look that solder point....
20090922_091738_Driver_Trans_G9.jpg


That is driver transistor, and it works all those years without problem :scratch2:

Next picture:
20090922_091642_G901DB_Service.jpg


My receiver in the middle of restoration job...

And the next picture is of 4,7uF/100V bipolar, which is installed on board with connectors for Driver Board
20090918_104647_Bip_3_3uF.jpg


Very unusual capacitor and I have bought it at Mouser (Brand Nichicon). You can find 4,7uF BP 50V but not 100V, and finally I found it at Mouser
 
Back
Top Bottom