• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Finally got around to opening it

Tazv

New Member
I just opened my ITT HiFi 8012 tt, cause i've got speed issues. It's a problem getting the pitch correct (if I touch the wheel that adjusts it, it goes crazy for a while, and the it returns to almost correct). The biggest problem is that I have to do this every time I put on a record.

I've got it up side down, but I've never worked on a Direct drive before, so I'm a little lost. This is way more complicated than the PL-2, witch is the only tt I've opened before.

You guys have any ideas on how I can get the speed more consistent? I can take pics of the inside if that helps...

Thanks!
 
Register to hide this ad
Thanks alot you guys!
Used some DeOxit and lube on the pitch controllers, and fiddled around. The speed is so much steadier now, just changes a little when the arm is moving back and forth, but that's got its explanation. Just found this pic of one that had been opened, and I think I'm going to reopen mine to lube the motor too.
 
Back
Top Bottom