• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

First a New Yamaha, Now a New Luxman!

Register to hide this ad
I own a Luxman receiver (3045) and while it sounds good, the look never did much for me. These new ones I LIKE! No prices listed, though.
 
Very nice. I have a Luxman TT, PD264.

And they're offering tube equipment as well? Awesome!

It needs a lot of TLC, but it had a nice sound the last time it functioned properly. (Now, mind you, this unit is nearly 25 years old.) Someday, I'll get around to a restoration.
Anyone know where I might scare up a schematic?

Dave
 
Indeed. Even better looking than the new Yamaha. Did anyone notice the link in the new 2-channel Yamaha thread for the Pioneer integrated? The Luxman makes three new 2-channel integrateds from Japan. Accuphase never dropped out, so guess you could say four. Wonder who owns Luxman? They went out of business in the late '90s. Shortly thereafter they started offering high-end tube gear. Someone was importing into Canada, but not the U.S. I did communicate with them about getting a manual and they responded that the new Luxman had zero info on any equipment made prior to their new line of tube gear. Hopefully, this line will fare better.


While I do appreciate what they are doing, one could purchase a Yamaha CA-2010 and have it totally redone by EW and have a 30wpc Class integrated amp for under $1K compared to the $9.5K that they want for the new 590AMk2 (did I get that right). Am guessing it would spec out just about as well. But, no remote ($8.5K for a remote:D).
 
The L-505u is for sale in the US for $2500 which is not that bad concidering you get MM/MC phono and 120WPC with all the bells and whistles.
 
soundboy,
Sansui would be in good company,if they were merely rebadgeing an existing Chinese product,or manufacturing in their own plant in mainland China.
A lot of others are doing it.
I wonder where the Luxmans are manufactured?:scratch2:
 
This is a step in the right direction indeed. 2 channel is now back with a vengeance, let the war begin between Pioneer, SONY, Yamaha and Sansui with other manufacturers thrown in. In the end its we who ultimately benefit from it.
 
Back
Top Bottom