I just picked up a pair of Klipsch KG 3.5 speakers in great shape at a yard sale ($80/pr). I grabbed them after reading various favorable posts about Klipsch speakers on AK. I have never listened to any Klipsch model until today and I really don't know anything about the rest of the product line. I have to say that I am very impressed. I did look very quickly at the Klipsch web site and it appears that these are far from the top of the line, but wow, do they ever sound great! :yes: I don't understand how Klipsch can deliver such clean sound from only a 2-way speaker, especially when compared to so many other speakers. I will be reading this forum and doing more research to learn more. I think I am on the verge of being a Klipsch convert.
My question for members that have experience with the KG-3.5s and other Klipsch models is, is there a dramatic increase in quality when comparing the 3.5s to models that originally cost 2 to as much as 3 times as much as the 3.5 originally did? The key word here is "dramatic". Of course I do expect models that cost two or three times as much to sound better but it is that diminishing return thing that so often makes spending so much more so difficult to justify when the cheaper model is so good. Comparing the 3.5s to anything that costs ten times as much is not in the same ball park so that is not a comparison that I am looking for help with. I think that I have a pretty good idea what the answer to that one is.
The reason for my question is that I am searching for speakers for use as my primary system speakers for the living room. Since I am enjoying the journey of rediscovering vintage audio I am not so sure that I ever will settle for any one particular model but I could benefit from some direction from those with experience.
If it helps, I listen to Classic Rock, Jazz, some new-age, some classical and (c)rap. Just kidding on that last one! I have a variety of receivers and amps but I probably will use my Marantz 4300 until I have my Fisher 500C rebuilt. The source material is either vinyl or CDs from a low-end CD player at present.
My question for members that have experience with the KG-3.5s and other Klipsch models is, is there a dramatic increase in quality when comparing the 3.5s to models that originally cost 2 to as much as 3 times as much as the 3.5 originally did? The key word here is "dramatic". Of course I do expect models that cost two or three times as much to sound better but it is that diminishing return thing that so often makes spending so much more so difficult to justify when the cheaper model is so good. Comparing the 3.5s to anything that costs ten times as much is not in the same ball park so that is not a comparison that I am looking for help with. I think that I have a pretty good idea what the answer to that one is.
The reason for my question is that I am searching for speakers for use as my primary system speakers for the living room. Since I am enjoying the journey of rediscovering vintage audio I am not so sure that I ever will settle for any one particular model but I could benefit from some direction from those with experience.
If it helps, I listen to Classic Rock, Jazz, some new-age, some classical and (c)rap. Just kidding on that last one! I have a variety of receivers and amps but I probably will use my Marantz 4300 until I have my Fisher 500C rebuilt. The source material is either vinyl or CDs from a low-end CD player at present.

I guess that one could say that it was a good weekend for hunting vintage audio gear.