• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Fisher 500c Left channel buzz

If it popped the cathode resistor, that's not a good sign, but the only way to know is to measure its power output capability. There's a chance it could just be a tube that requires lower than normal grid bias voltage, and so draws notably less current than other more typical tubes at more typical grid bias voltages. Physical appearance can help make a determination as well. Typically if the getter flash has all but evaporated, its a sign that a tube is well spent. But that doesn't mean its necessarily bad, either -- just near the end of its useful life.

Dave
I have a friend with a tube tester that I may have measure these just so I know what I've got. But I also anticipate that we're nearing the end of their useful life anyways, so I think I'm going to stop delaying my new power tube purchase. I've heard great things about the tung sol 7591's.
 
Back
Top Bottom