• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Fisher ID?

scoville

Active Member
Can I get some help ID'ing this receiver?It's a console,had a TV,missing now which I can finish the interior on.It has a fairly nice looking Cherry cabinet.
 

Attachments

  • Fisher receiver.jpg
    Fisher receiver.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 63
Register to hide this ad
How about a closer picture of the front of the control panel. And an overall shot of the console itself.
 
Thanks Larry,I'm thinking of buying this,not many Fishers around here,but I spotted the little bird.Lousy pics,but I'd love to have a nice Fisher unit.The pics are lousy,I barely made out the bird!I like the Cherry cabinet and I can restore that no prob.I'm really looking for a nice unit for us,but I'm not opposed to fixing one up and flipping for electronic practice.Casework is my specialty and fixing the cab no prob.If I keep it I want something qualitywise electronically.This is all I have,image wise.I do have other options on a nice sporty tubular German model I'm trying to pick between the two!Thanks again!
 

Attachments

  • 00h0h_asVVG6jwrKs_600x450.jpg
    00h0h_asVVG6jwrKs_600x450.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 00H0H_aeqKw7NMq2o_600x450.jpg
    00H0H_aeqKw7NMq2o_600x450.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 37
Looks Solid State. Not sure if FISHER made any "living Theater's" in the late 60's. I'll see if THERED1 can come up and ID it.
 
Thanks Larry,I'm just wondering if the receiver has any giddy-up!I really like the Cherry Cabinet.There are always lots of options for the TV compartment.
 
Probably about 20W RMS per channel. The earlier tube and Hybrids used the amp and tuner/preamps from Custom Electras IIRC, so I wouldn't expect Earth shaking sound, but it should fill the house.
 
I don't think that is a Fisher. They had begun using component receivers in their consoles by this period, (determined by the Mediterranean style cabinet.). Perhaps it is a custom console with a Fisher-branded turntable or some other component - not the receiver, though - from Fisher misleading the seller to assume it is a Fisher console.
 
I blew up the first picture. What looks like the FISHER Dove, now looks to be a piece of gold colored jewelry??? Maybe an ear-ring or broache??. It's got height to it. Picture Resolution is too low to get a clear picture and be able to see the lettering undrneath of it clearly. I'm 99% sure now it's not a Fisher. The Turntable I've not seen that model, but ADMIRAL had turntables that had the same overarm and tonearm on them. PLUS they were BIG on TV Consoles back in the 60's and 70's.
 
I blew up the first picture. What looks like the FISHER Dove, now looks to be a piece of gold colored jewelry??? Maybe an ear-ring or broache??. It's got height to it. Picture Resolution is too low to get a clear picture and be able to see the lettering undrneath of it clearly. I'm 99% sure now it's not a Fisher. The Turntable I've not seen that model, but ADMIRAL had turntables that had the same overarm and tonearm on them. PLUS they were BIG on TV Consoles back in the 60's and 70's.
You should have been a detective!
 
I was a Federal Police Sgt. for 13 years before I was retired. Tried for the Detective slot but i was the wrong ______. And I slept at a Holiday Inn last week.
 
Last edited:
Wow!I thought I was the detective for seeing the bird in the first place!Ha!Fail!
Thanks I was looking through the Console database and noticed what appeared a different TT,but I thought it was a newer model...Thanks and nice work Larry!
 
Back
Top Bottom