• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Fisher, Sanyo hate on it all you want so I can buy it for cheap

NoMercy

Member
Nothing more to say. Lower watt performance that are outstanding. Looking for a low watts Sanyo. Don't remember the model number but the sound was amazing and it was cheap!

The right speaker match are a gift to the ears!

Higher watts I have 2 and are now too expensive but can blow away you big boys. Marantz, Pioneer, Sansui, Kenwood.

Welcome to Fisher/Sanyo 1970s they got it done and at times better than you for a better price even today.

Yeah Twilight Zone... whatever.. twit..
 
Register to hide this ad
I've got a Big-0-Fisher out in the garage. 80wpc. Its a heavy beast. Five band tone controls, power meters and dual tuning meters. Unfortunately the power and tuning meters don't work anymore. I haven't dug into it to see what happened though. I remember liking the looks of the Sanyo top loading cassette decks with the fluorescent green and red meter markings.
 
There is a tried and true saying.

"There is a butt for every seat"

Glad you found something you like and enjoy. As others have said early Fisher was some nice electronics.

But try to remember what works for you does not mean its the right choice for someone else and their needs. Just because they have different priorities or needs does not make them a twit.

Nor does your tude vibe with the AK gestalt here. So enjoy what you like, share it with us, but don't roll up in here and behave...like...well...a twit.
 
What I've come to find on AK is that you can look up just about any make/model of anything and find both fans and detractors...

I don't personally care what gear you roll with as long as it's being enjoyed. Calling folks out over something so unimportant is rather juvenile. I guess I'm glad you're getting the attention you're looking for...better and more constructive ways to go about it though.
 
My one and only amp is a Sanyo DCA-611.

RHJraFs.jpg


Had it about 7 years now and never had an issue. Gets cleaned occasionally and runs like a trooper. Has more than enough power for me!!! $100 well spent.

Would love to get the black version as it looks even better.
 
Last edited:
@Torontoblue

The OP is trying to convey who knows what about Fisher branded Sanyo's not Sanyo Sanyo's.

It seems he feels slighted that Fisher gets "hated" on by "so many Fisher haters" (see previous thread link in post # 8) so he decided to continue his bafflement in this new thread now dragging Sanyo manufactured Fisher units into it.
 
The only person that I called a twit was the one who said I was in the Twilight Zone.
Sorry if I have offended anyone else.
 
I feel like English might be a 2nd language to the poster but I get the thrust of the point.

The main reason I hated Fisher Equipment was in the early 80's they started putting out "all-in-one" systems, stacks of audio, usually a TT, dual tape deck, tuner and some funky EQ all packaged nicely with a matching stand. The teenagers, especially girls, went nuts over these and proudly proclaimed lower priced audio was the best ever. Gone were cool systems we all consider collectable vintage audio, now replaced with mass-produced entry level equipment. Fisher seemed to have cornered the audio market and big audio never really recovered. It was like night and day and the change was swift.

Before this forum I never saw anything nice from Sanyo/Fisher in the 80's, now we know they produced some decent items but they weren't marketing those products as much over here, the all-in-ones were the rage. I've mentioned this before, the odd thing is Sanyo postioned Fisher as it's entry-level brand for components but for portables they were positioned as their high-end brand. A great example is the Fisher PH M50 (Sanyo M5850F), put out around 1982, this is the world's smallest boombox and it went for a few hundred dollars when brand new. The build quality is amazing and it looks great.
 
Some Fisher from that era was better than others. If Fisher still had their better dealers and not infuriated them in the earlier part of the 1970's, they would have been thought better of then. The better things they built were still excellent, and their core engineers were working there as late as 1977-1978.
 
The only person that I called a twit was the one who said I was in the Twilight Zone.
Sorry if I have offended anyone else.
First time I read your opening post I thought some anger management was in order. Now that I read your follow up post I find it interesting that you're responding with the "twit" comment to a member who posted in a completely different thread. I understand you're wanting to point out how happy you are with the Fisher. How about showing us some pics and just tell us exactly what strikes you about the receiver? While we're at it, I'd love to see pics of your Fisher RS1080 that you mentioned owning in the other thread. Yes, it was a "Sanyo/Fisher" and I really love the build quality, ergonomics, and performance of that receiver. I own one myself and never tire of checking out others that are out there.
BTW, while I haven't seen members on AK dumping on Fisher ... I can guarantee you that there are supporters and detractors for all kinds of audio gear. Thank god we don't all like the same stuff.
 
Back
Top Bottom