• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Fisher X-202-B: Aux Audio Audible On RCAA

jonnyz123

Member
Hi. I noticed something strange with my X-202-B. I have another amp/dac connected to the Aux-1 input for digital music. It was playing some music, when I wanted to switch over and play some vinyl. When I made the switch to RCAA-1 (where my turntable is connected) I could still hear the music coming into Aux-1, although at a considerably lower volume. Same thing happened with RCAA-2. Any ideas where this "leak" could be occurring?

Thanks!
 
Register to hide this ad
Should not be happening. The Fisher selector switch purposely shorts out un-selected inputs precisely to prevent what you are observing from happening. I would first clean the selector switch really well to make sure its not just dirty grounding contacts on the switch causing the problem. Otherwise, the ground circuits of the selector switch will need to be examined with an Ohm meter to determine where any excessive resistance might be creeping into the ground system, that prevents the unused inputs from being effectively grounded out.

Dave
 
Back
Top Bottom