• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

x-202-b

  1. Carbsandcaps

    Tone control pec integrated circuit upgrade.

    Has anyone tried these yet? A guy makes them and sells them on eBay. They take the place of the tone control integrated board and use film caps and close tolerance resistors built on a single board. They’re made for the 400 preamp but I checked the part numbers and they are the same in the...
  2. Carbsandcaps

    The X-202-B. What an amp!

    I recently bought myself a Christmas present TO REPLACE MY x-100-b. A fisher x-202-b in fantastic shape, no tubes but I had a set of 7591’s from a lowery DSO-1 (don’t murder me please). I decided a full rebuild was in order. I ordered my Russian pio caps, smaller value caps were replaced with...
  3. Carbsandcaps

    Negative feedback capacitor question.

    Working on my fisher x-202-b. I broke the leg off the capacitor in the negative feedback circuit. I can replace it with the same ceramic cap or I can put a film capacitor in there with a 1000uuf rating (which I would rather do) but I’m also trying to learn about this circuit. I understand that a...
  4. richiem46

    Fisher X-202-B Phono Section Access.

    I am in the process of restoring a Fisher X-202-B that I recently obtained. I have done most of the restoration work but in the phono section the left channel is not working. Tubes not an issue and normally I could just trace through the circuits and find the issue. The phono section of the...
  5. A

    X-202-B: mod to extend output tube life?

    Hi, I'm new here. I've got an X-202-B that seems to blast thru the output tubes way too quickly. Right now, I have a new set in channel A with only ~50 hrs on them and I'm starting to get loud squeals intermittently. The unit has been to several techs and had a lot of components replaced, but...
  6. jonnyz123

    Fisher X-202-B: Aux Audio Audible On RCAA

    Hi. I noticed something strange with my X-202-B. I have another amp/dac connected to the Aux-1 input for digital music. It was playing some music, when I wanted to switch over and play some vinyl. When I made the switch to RCAA-1 (where my turntable is connected) I could still hear the music...
Back
Top Bottom