• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Floorstanding Speaker Recomendations

Thanks for the suggestions, lots for me to check out and research.

I am not really interested in vintage speakers...

Aw, shucks.

Bumping this for more suggestions...

I was going to recommend some floor-squatting speakers. But you can raise them:

picture.php


Don't buy a pair unheard, however!

:music:
 
Or Magneplanar MMGs, if you can put them 4 feet from the wall behind them. 60-day trial, just save the boxes until you are sure you like them.
 
I'm new to the whole audio/hifi/stereo world. How do you audition speakers?

I buy/play vintage guitars and it's one thing to inspect and play them. But with floorstanding speakers it seems harder to try before you buy. Do sellers let you try them with your setup for sometime? Or do you have to listen to them with the sellers systems (seems hard to judge then)?

Any thoughts on the Polk Audio RTi12?
Just learned about Focal speakers, like the looks of them...
 
KEF 105/3 93.5 db 1 meter 1 watt and when you get your monster SS power amp use it to drive the bass and keep your tubes for the top end, they won't be able to pry you out of your chair.
 
Back
Top Bottom