• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Fortes's in my future ???

Those look pristine. My coil cover is pushed in and DUSTY. Can't get it off so I keep them covered. Nice score. I firmly believe you would have to spend multiple thousands of dollars to get speakers that sound as good as the Forte.
 
Later runs had squareish cups with circuit boards. They also "changed" the listed nominal impedence from 4 to 8 ohms.

Mine have the square cups and I moved the circuit board off of it as was recommended. I am not sure what the impedance was listed as. I have read in another post where the square cups were 8 ohm but mine both measure about 4.4 ohms so I had to wondered if it was more or a consumer marketing spec change than an actual change in the speaker.:scratch2:
 
Those look pristine. My coil cover is pushed in and DUSTY. Can't get it off so I keep them covered. Nice score. I firmly believe you would have to spend multiple thousands of dollars to get speakers that sound as good as the Forte.

They are pristine . I have gotten rid of 95% of the smoke smell . Old English Lemon Oil and Febreze have worked really well . Oh and those speakers ! Holy Cow !
 
Those look pristine. My coil cover is pushed in and DUSTY. Can't get it off so I keep them covered. Nice score. I firmly believe you would have to spend multiple thousands of dollars to get speakers that sound as good as the Forte.

Man, they must be the most polarizing speaker in the world next to the Heresy. It's hard to get it all in perspective; I read every thread about the Forte and for every lover there are 3 haters.:scratch2:It literally blows my mind...When I start to feel confused by people categorically dismissing horns and others preferring other designs, I simply go turn on the receiver, tune in HD radio or play an LP on my Thorens and immerse myself in perfection. Mid-70's sound through mid-80's speakers. What an amazing combo.:yes:
 
It is by far and away the best purchase I have ever made . I love my Forte II's . They are a very neutral speaker as far as I am concerned . They have no problem staying up with my 5.5 's . YMMV .
 
I have to admit that I was smitten by the Forte ll on first listen and I agree that is is a very well balanced speaker. I like the sound of the KLF20 mid horn a little better but they are close. Reventy I have been using a Peavey CH-1 horn with my KLF20 woofers and a CF3 crossover. The CH-1 are VC aligned with the woofer VC's and I have a couple of HSU subs running from 30 Hz down to 24 Hz for grunt. There are no Klipsch horns that I have or that I have heard that I would consider even remotely close to the CH-1. The only horns I think would be capable of making me switch would be the EV HR6040 or the EV9040 or perhaps one of the very big JBL's. The only Klipsch that I expect would make me want to switch would be the K402 but I just dont have that kind on coin and the Peavey's are almost free. I have reached the point where I don't see any reason to stay past the K402 and I don't know of anyone close who has a pair that I could listen to. Best regards Moray James.
 
I'm in the other camp. I really dislike Fortes. I have heard many, with a variety of amps, and honestly to my ears they all sound bad. surprisingly I like Heresys. To each his own.

cubdog
 
I'm in the other camp. I really dislike Fortes. I have heard many, with a variety of amps, and honestly to my ears they all sound bad. surprisingly I like Heresys. To each his own.

cubdog

I am in love with my Forte II's . Hey Cubby , I would love to hear your Klipsch RF7II 's . I'll bet they are something . Nice try .
 
Last edited:
I'm in the other camp. I really dislike Fortes. I have heard many, with a variety of amps, and honestly to my ears they all sound bad. surprisingly I like Heresys. To each his own.

cubdog

I to like the concept of the Heresy but unfortunately haven't heard a pair that I could live with long term.

Once upon a time I to disliked Fortes, until I heard the right kind of amplifier on them. Still I wanted more.

In the end extreme network mods brought me my desired satisfaction, to the point that I doubt I could ever live with a stock Klipsch network

I once heard RF7's but I have a difficult time with 2-ways that use anything bigger then 7in woofers, as to much is lost in the mid performance for speed, impact, resolve and body for my taste.

At the same time one couldn't give me a Khorn either.

But your right to each his own.

SET12
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom