• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Frampton comes alive

91firebird

Super Member
Well dug out the lp,this is a good live lp set.also have framptons camel lp.but for a live recording this is
Pretty dam good like it better than the boss live lp but tina turner live is also very good.must be hard
Doing a live recording because of the crowd and the building.but Frampton comes alive is pretty dam
Good.but hell Tina turner live might be better ?
 
Register to hide this ad
Ya you are right that is a dam good album also own that a lot more laid back,but it shows how good slow hand
Is.he can have you stomp your feet and than put tears in your eyes.
 
So ... tired ... of ... Clapton.
Clapton Unplugged was recorded back in 1992 - when MTV was still a music channel.
Used to love him back in the day ... Cream, Blind Faith, Delany and Bonnie, Derek - - all the classic stuff -
but somewhere in the later days, seems like he just phones it in anymore.

Don't get me wrong - I don't knock his early stuff, and -
I know he's had arthritis or something that make playing painful -
but I don't need to follow his newest stuff.
 
I just listened to FCA a couple of days ago . Highly enjoyable . A good friend of mine gave me a 2 disc set of his and although it is a bit tame sounding , it is very good .

1e1bbd471a921a5dd38120b726f94d403c7da1d5
 
FCA reminds me of the start of my freshman year in College (yeah I’m dating myself) when that was all you heard walking around the dormitories. Anyone with a TT was playing it constantly. A bunch of us even went and saw the concert that same year. Needless to say I grew very tired of it but rediscovered it recently. I bit “bubblegum” at times to my taste but certainly done well. Another live album from the 70s that was overdone BITD is DPs - Made in Japan. I also grew tired of it, but again rediscovered it recently and it is done exceptionally well.
 
Last edited:
Well dug out the lp,this is a good live lp set.also have framptons camel lp.but for a live recording this is
Pretty dam good like it better than the boss live lp but tina turner live is also very good.must be hard
Doing a live recording because of the crowd and the building.but Frampton comes alive is pretty dam
Good.but hell Tina turner live might be better ?

I had all of Frampton's albums pre 1975 when this was recorded. His Humble Pie stuff too.

Loved him saw him several times on the tour this album was taken from.

I never liked the album an ddid not even buy it until this century. To me, he lost his appeal with this release. His sucess was his downfall as proved the last 45 years.
 
So ... tired ... of ... Clapton.
Clapton Unplugged was recorded back in 1992 - when MTV was still a music channel.
Used to love him back in the day ... Cream, Blind Faith, Delany and Bonnie, Derek - - all the classic stuff -
but somewhere in the later days, seems like he just phones it in anymore.

Don't get me wrong - I don't knock his early stuff, and -
I know he's had arthritis or something that make playing painful -
but I don't need to follow his newest stuff.

To me, all he ever did that was special was Creme and frankly, Baker and Bruce made Creme with their rythoms and Jack's vocals.

Yes, Clapton co-wrote Sunshine of You Love but that was the highlight of his career and that was 55 years ago. .
 
I had all of Frampton's albums pre 1975 when this was recorded. His Humble Pie stuff too.

Loved him saw him several times on the tour this album was taken from.

I never liked the album and did not even buy it until this century. To me, he lost his appeal with this release.
His sucess was his downfall as proved the last 45 years.
Well, his health has gone to hell (poor devil), and last I heard, he had done a final tour:
https://www.billboard.com/articles/...dbye-during-farewell-tour-finale-at-las-forum
 
You are forgetting the guitar break in While My Guitar Gently Weeps ...
(paid back with Harrison's break on Badge)
among a HUGE amount of other stuff -
And Derek and the Dominos was pretty major stuff - played the HELL out of it the year I graduated high school ...
and not just Layla -

To me, all he ever did that was special was Creme and frankly, Baker and Bruce made Creme with their rythoms and Jack's vocals.

Yes, Clapton co-wrote Sunshine of You Love but that was the highlight of his career and that was 55 years ago. .
 
You are forgetting the guitar break in While My Guitar Gently Weeps ...
(payback for Harrison's break on Badge)
among a HUGE amount of other stuff -
And Derek and the Dominos was pretty major stuff - played the HELL out of it the year I graduated high school ...
and not just Layla -

All very good. I agree. Special? I disagree.

Cream was special.
 
All very good. I agree. Special? I disagree.

Cream was special.
I must be younger ;) - I'm less of a Cream fan than that.
I prefered Blind Faith, Derek, and later, Delany and Bonnie ...
 
One of the great live albums; there are many from other artists. Saw Frampton at the Shriner's Auditorium here in L.A. not long after this album came out. A really good show. The opening act was Slade out of the UK. Slade did not go over well with the audience even though they performed superbly. They just didn't "click" with the audience. I had a great time anyway. OPG.
 
As a child of the 80's, the softly focussed, gold winged bodyshirt, exposed chest (with gold pendant) and long blonde permed hair deal did not interest me. Looked like Leif Garret.

Some thirty years later, I'm in the car listening to an amazing live set that sounded really well produced and fresh. Thought it might have been The Black-Eyed Peas. Turned out I was on a classic rock station and they were playing an Alice Cooper syndicated show. Artist was Frampton doing "Do You Feel Like We Do."

Bought the album with the far-out unicorn 70's inspired covered album the next day. The bandleader, band, tracks & engineering is superb.
 
Back
Top Bottom