• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Frampton comes alive

Been a Clapton fan for a long while now and his playing and singing has never ceased being special. It's not fair to us mere mortals that a guy that can play that good also has a hell of a voice. ;)
 
Frampton Comes Alive was a staple in my house when I was growing up. My mom played it a lot, so I know it pretty much by heart, and yes I own the album (I even owned a French/Canadian pressing on gold vinyl for a while).

My all time favorite live album is "Live and Dangerous" by Thin Lizzy, then probably Humble Pie's "Rockin' The Fillmore".
 
Woodstock was my first live album........as a matter of fact it was part of my first music purchase back in 1970, along with "James Gang Rides Again" and "Cosmo's Factory".
 
So ... tired ... of ... Clapton.
Clapton Unplugged was recorded back in 1992 - when MTV was still a music channel.
Used to love him back in the day ... Cream, Blind Faith, Delany and Bonnie, Derek - - all the classic stuff -
but somewhere in the later days, seems like he just phones it in anymore.

Don't get me wrong - I don't knock his early stuff, and -
I know he's had arthritis or something that make playing painful -
but I don't need to follow his newest stuff.

"From the Cradle" is a pretty good set
 
I had all of Frampton's albums pre 1975 when this was recorded. His Humble Pie stuff too.

Loved him saw him several times on the tour this album was taken from.

I never liked the album an ddid not even buy it until this century. To me, he lost his appeal with this release. His sucess was his downfall as proved the last 45 years.
Smoke on the Water from Made in Japan is one of the best rock songs ever.
FCA reminds me of the start of my freshman year in College (yeah I’m dating myself) when that was all you heard walking around the dormitories. Anyone with a TT was playing it constantly. A bunch of us even went and saw the concert that same year. Needles to say I grew very tired of it but rediscovered it recently. I bit “bubblegum” at times to my taste but certainly done well. Another live album from the 70s that was overdone BITD is DPs - Made in Japan. I also grew tired of it, but again rediscovered it recently and it is done exceptionally well.

The version of Smoke on the Water from Made in Japan is one of the best rock tunes ever IMO. A bit overplayed (studio) over the years but such a great true story- Ian Paice "smokes" on the drums along with the rest of the band on this version. Give it a fresh listen;)
 
FCA is fine for what it is but Rockin' The Filmore is the better live album.
 
FWIW, When FCA came out in 1976, I believe, and I went and bought the LP to hear/listen to it not played through the local Rock radio station, I seemed to think, that for a live recorded concert, that at that time, it was one of the best sounding recorded rock concerts that I ever remember hearing, and as I sat there reading the liner notes/credits, I saw the highly talented Eddie Kramer (Jimi Hendrix`s excellent primary studio engineer) was given the recording/mix engineering credit..

That made sense as to why it sounded as good as it did to me, and over the yrs. when that album came up in conversation with other folks in the music business (sound engineering, audiophiles, musicians, even if they didn`t care for FCA, they agreed that that live rock concert recording was one of the best sounding at that time frame..

And yes, I read many yrs. latter on that there was some post concert in studio made over dubs, like the guitar voice box, because of some kind of issue(s) with the original vocal/guitar talk box combo track.

Just some more noise from me folks..

Carry on.
 
FCA was a really great record at just the right time. Certainly for this, at the time, high school senior. The studio albums all that material came from are great, mostly overlooked efforts too.

Of course, that cover for and the title of "I'm In You" obliterated his well earned reputation as a serious guitar musician. All the guys that idolized him for FCA were not going for that new Tiger Beat image. That, and his participation in that dumb Sgt Pepper Movie basically nuked his career. It took him decades to get back his reputation as a guitar master but thank goodness, he did.

Luckily, all that nonsense never really diminished the integrity of FCA as the years rolled by.
 
That so called "vaccine" didn't help matters. His shots made him frighteningly sick.

Yes, that according to his own words. There was a time Eric Clapton was like a god on college campus, a rock god of sorts. I liked Cream... heavy rock... enjoyed the greatest hits album, used to have a reel to reel version and it was excellent. Anyway, cast shadows on the new symbol of virtue and you'll be in the alley. Didn't Clapton do a fairly recent Ronnie Scott show.... like Jeff Beck.
 
That so called "vaccine" didn't help matters. His shots made him frighteningly sick.
Like others who already have life-challenging illnesses, the Vaccine can cause problems on top of that.
Frampton is suffering from Inclusion-Body Myositis (IBM), a muscle disorder that causes inflammation, weakness and atrophy.
He announced his farewell tour Feb 2019, and concluded it Oct 2019, long before any signs of COVID.

But if you think it's a "so called vaccine", you have other issues at play.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom