• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Frazier Mk.4 speaker's

I had a pair of Fraziers and I'm pretty sure they were IV's but they had removable foam grills in a block pattern. Later I had a pair of Frazier Conte Carlo's with cloth grills which I believe were older. Very efficient speakers but sadly the 100 watt Sherwood I powered them with at the time made for a mismatch.
 
Yeah. On my 15 wpc tube amp they really work. Not tried them on my Marantz 1060 but they should be rather primo on that too. These are my first horn tweet speakers.
 
A sad day yesterday! I had a customer show up to purchase my Forte II's and he noticed the Frazier MK-IV's sitting on top of them. After a demo of the Forte's hooked to a Fisher KX-200, he asked to hear the Frazier's since I mentioned that those that get a listen are usually hooked. He was in aw after hearing and said they sounded better than the Forte speakers :). I warned him! He ended up purchasing both pair of speakers not leaving until I relented on wanting to keep the MK-IV's.

A big void here now, I will be searching for replacements! :(
 
I remembered I had a pair in storage that I restored many years back, needless to say I was very happy to remember them and put them to use. Paired with my Fisher tube gear they are superb!

20210309_144626.jpg
 
The Mark IV's are the 1st set of Frazier's I bought. They sound great powered by my HK 330c receiver. Next, I bought a set of 1st generation Monte Carlos. Nice design on the cabinets, but have not had a chance to properly set them up, (very clear). Lastly, I bought 2 pairs of F12-4H. They were designed for PA work, but sound pretty nice when you tame down the treble. They each have a 12" woofer, surrounded by 4 7" horns. I have a pair suspended in the garage for that system. Very lively.
 
So i gotta ask, setup on these, i realize nobody can give me a perfect answer due to obvious room variations. But these seem super setup dependent. Any tips? I love the detail on the top end, but i think overall i prefer my klh model 5s in their presentation. They are much fuller sounding. BUT, the eay i had the mark IVs setup, the imaging and detail on acoustic guitar work was astounding. Anyone think i could use these in a stack or combined system? Running off a pioneer sx 1010.
 
Back
Top Bottom