• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Frazier speakers from a movie theatre - any info?

Did some quick listening last night; More pictures

I had a quick chance to hook up and listen to a couple of songs last - no time for Easy Rider, but Chicago Transit Authority - Introduction and Does Anybody Really No What Time It Is? a couple of songs with alot of horn :D

The high and low frequencies are clear and very efficient. It was late and I had an early morning today, so I just threw stuff together, I was listening with a Sansui 9090 receiver that I cleaned up last year with alot of help from nosirrah. I am really looking forward to giving these a workout during the day this week - later today and tomorrow. Placement is obviously a "big" issue. I want to listen to these out on the back lawn too. Here's a few pictures:

frazier002.jpg

frazier004.jpg

frazier005.jpg

frazier006.jpg
 
Cool!

I had a quick chance to hook up and listen to a couple of songs last - no time for Easy Rider, but Chicago Transit Authority - Introduction and Does Anybody Really No What Time It Is? a couple of songs with alot of horn :D

The high and low frequencies are clear and very efficient. It was late and I had an early morning today, so I just threw stuff together, I was listening with a Sansui 9090 receiver that I cleaned up last year with alot of help from nosirrah. I am really looking forward to giving these a workout during the day this week - later today and tomorrow. Placement is obviously a "big" issue. I want to listen to these out on the back lawn too. Here's a few pictures:

frazier002.jpg

frazier004.jpg

frazier005.jpg

frazier006.jpg


I see your decorating tastes match mine.....:D
 
geezzz... I thought I had a lot of speaker for the size room I have.. forget the new Fraziers.. you got more speaker than that room can handle with just the khorns.. you need to send those to someone like me that has a little more room for them to roam in... :D

BTW.. gotta love the teetering domino effect about to happen... :no:
 
Those Fraziers look ominous.

I'd keep the force field on max in case one of them tries to nail you with a death ray.
 
Endspec, the plans got trashed years ago. I do, however, have 4 ea. WR218 dual 18" sub enclosures (sans woofers) still in factory boxes. One is an MI touring version, the other 3 are std. production cabinets. Email me for details if interested.
 
Those Fraziers look ominous.

I'd keep the force field on max in case one of them tries to nail you with a death ray.


:D Good call. My cat was stepping very cautiously around them last night, not up to her usual full inspection routine.

these Fraziers might be a little pissed off with all this exposure, after years behind the screen in a movie theater. :scratch2:
 
Sure do wished I could find something like those myself.. they are just so cool looking.. the only issue I would think there is, would be the horn being very picky about placement. With such a narrow beam, seems like you would almost have to point it at your sitting spot... I'm sure in a theatre there would be room for it to disperse, but in a small room, it looks pretty narrow..

BTW.. can you get a shot of the drivers on those horns?

Can't wait to see the insides of one of the boxes too..
 
SpeakerLabFan, Those Frazier amps are F-106-C PA amps that were sold to theatres for the most part. They are 70V. I still have 20 some on the shelf that I don't know what to do with. They have an odd tube complement-2 ea. 12AU7, 4 ea. 6GT5, and 1 ea. OA2.
 
Sure do wished I could find something like those myself.. they are just so cool looking.. the only issue I would think there is, would be the horn being very picky about placement. With such a narrow beam, seems like you would almost have to point it at your sitting spot... I'm sure in a theatre there would be room for it to disperse, but in a small room, it looks pretty narrow..

BTW.. can you get a shot of the drivers on those horns?

Can't wait to see the insides of one of the boxes too..

Hi similost, I'll try to get some closeups on the horns later today. Yeah, the closest "room" I have that will do these justice is my back yard. :tears:

Kind of cool - I noticed that the cabinets are asset tagged with a small "SRO" sticker - the old movie theater chain.

The Frazier Serial numbers on the back of the cabinets were not consecutive but very close:

010156
010160

SpeakerLabFan, Those Frazier amps are F-106-C PA amps that were sold to theatres for the most part. They are 70V. I still have 20 some on the shelf that I don't know what to do with. They have an odd tube complement-2 ea. 12AU7, 4 ea. 6GT5, and 1 ea. OA2.

Thanks again for the info. :thmbsp:
 
Wow!! These guys have Mojo..!! Hey! I like the idear about putting them up on the front lawn at dusk with some Endrix for back ground tune. What about some grouvy psycadelic lights shinning on a discoball???
What a Score SpeakerLabFan...
 
Did you muscle those around by yourself Dick ?
I hope not,Unless your in training to climb Mt. Pilchuck ~

My,My,Are you drawing up the plans for the "New addition"
on the house yet ?
 
Let me know when your gonna crank those up and I'll go outside and listen.
I'm only about 5 miles away.:yes:
 
BTW.. can you get a shot of the drivers on those horns?

here's a couple of snapshots, I'll try to get a better closeup of the drivers later...

horn001.jpg

horn002.jpg


Wow!! These guys have Mojo..!! Hey! I like the idear about putting them up on the front lawn at dusk with some Endrix for back ground tune. What about some grouvy psycadelic lights shinning on a discoball???
What a Score SpeakerLabFan...

Thanks Frank, you will have to stop by and check them out!

Did you muscle those around by yourself Dick ?
I hope not,Unless your in training to climb Mt. Pilchuck ~

My,My,Are you drawing up the plans for the "New addition"
on the house yet ?

Uh, yeah Mark, you know that phenomena where adrenalin and super-human strength kicks in when in an emergency...? Actually it's downhill from my truck to the backyard and basement - I'm certainly not moving them back up to the front yard without help. I just wish I had access to a gym or other large space to setup a listening session. The back lawn will have to do for now. :music:

Let me know when your gonna crank those up and I'll go outside and listen.
I'm only about 5 miles away.:yes:

Heh, I like my neighbors too much for that, although my closest neighbor is a musician and she doesn't complain about the occasional Khorn decibel fest. :D
 
Personally...

I like a little outdoor theater speaker action....

attachment.php


You're right about the neighbors. I just wish I had the time and help to break these out more often. Outside without the wall reflections and with a certain amount of distance between you and them, the sound will be so different. You'll like it....:yes:....:thmbsp:

Oh well, basement shopping continues, albeit slowly....:sigh:
 
I like a little outdoor theater speaker action....

attachment.php


You're right about the neighbors. I just wish I had the time and help to break these out more often. Outside without the wall reflections and with a certain amount of distance between you and them, the sound will be so different. You'll like it....:yes:....:thmbsp:

Oh well, basement shopping continues, albeit slowly....:sigh:

That picture is great!! Reminds me of setting up a 30 foot screen one time with ALOT of sound equip in my front yard one night for a "drive in night"....just INVITE the neighbors.....





BTW Speakerlabfan....nice score!
 
Back
Top Bottom