• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Freezing my butt off!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh if it were 26 degrees here. This morning on my way in to work it was -7 degrees. 26 degrees would be a heat wave. :D
 
Yah...quit whining. I've been colder...lots colder. Try -46 w/no wind chill. Or...during the Great Super Bowl Blizzard of 1975...the only time I've ever seen the wind chill go off the chart...which ended @ -125. Go to the beach or something. Live it up.
 
......<snip>.... its so friggin cold i can see my breath. tonight the mercury is supposed to dip down to 26 degrees. its about 29 right now and this sucks!! my toes are numb, my nose is running..<snip>.

You seem to be using Degrees F (29F = 3 degrees of frost) - but some of the other guys in this thread are quoting Degrees C - 29C is (for me anyway) A HEATWAVE - which is very confusing! :D
 
I've got a lot of sympathy for Rob and others in the same boat - not being able to get warm really sucks. I'm also feeling sorry for the likely state of our produce sections in the coming weeks and months because of this. Hang in there, southern folks - this can't last forever.
 
Yes freezing is not pleasant at all, if you have a good 220 line mount a window-unit AC/Heat like Frigidaire or similar, installed one like that couple of years ago in the shop, keeps it warm in the winter and works great, think it's like 20.000 BTU heatercore + when the heatwave arrives again you flip the control to cold instead :)
 
Its 18 F. here(thats -8 C) for you foreigners..LOL .With a wind chill of 6.0F or -18C..More snow in the short term forcast.Just frick'n peachy..:D
 
It's colder up here in VA. I have been sleeping in my car for the last 6 months. Get a good sleeping bag and hunker down.
No, I'm not homeless......my work schedule makes it tough for me to be home when I have time to sleep. Tonight is gonna be a frigid one.
 
The temp here in Mesa, AZ is 77 degrees right now. Windows wide open, shorts & sandals. I remember The Hawk off of Lake Michigan all too well in Chi-Town!
 
I can relate. I once lived in a trailer that had all the technology 1980 had to offer. This of course was in 2004. It had twisty ties holding the furnace coils together. The heat woulds go on and either suck all the doors closed or blow all the doors open depending on it's mood.

Then there was the coldest winter here in many years and we hadn't installed the heater yet in our last house. 18 degrees and only one space heater because any more would blow all the circuits.

Yep, I can relate.
 
Last edited:
While I can relate, I could also bring myself to sell a Marantz receiver real quick, buy a baseboard heater or two, and keep my wife in a somewhat warm trailer.

If your trailer can support powering fifteen receivers at once, surely it can power a couple big baseboard heaters. Step up to the plate, and get the job done.:thmbsp:
 
I know how it is. I moved into a recently renovated loft building, but there is a problem with the boiler that prevents my apartment from getting any warmer than 56 degrees. The building management is working on the boiler, but the problem won't be completely remedied for a couple more days.

In the meantime, I ended up scoring a couple of electric space heaters for free. I also put up some curtains and sealed off any drafts that I noticed around our windows and doors. After the quick fixes, the bedroom is closer to 70 and the main living area is about 60. Not ideal, but it is tolerable for the time being.
 
well thanks for making me fell a bit better guys lol, i see a few of you are talking about single digits and below freezing. YIKES!! here is the heater problem. i have a central heater that is original equipment to the trailor, its under the floors in the crawlspace, its rotton rusty and full of spiderwebs, i dont think its ever been hooked up cause there are no controls for it anyware in the house. i wouldnt trust it anyways. i scored two space heaters at the local goodwill today for 5 bucks a pop. so it helps a little bit. i have NO incelation in my walls or under the floors. this is a costal south florida trailor that is designed to get rid of heat, not keep it in. i own NO winter cloths eather. so right now im sitting here with two pairs of jeans on, 2 pairs of socks, and 4 t-shirts. its cold as hell tonight as well. its about 39 degrees in my trailor right now.
 
I can relate. I once lived in a trailer that had all the technology 1980 had to offer. This of course was in 2004.


Yep, I can relate.


well mine was built in 1968. for a trailor its not awful. 3 beds, 2 full baths, eat in kitchen, big living room and a nice big florida room. almost 2000 sqare feet! it also has a big long driveway for up to 5 cars! and a nice big yard full of tropical landscaping.

the bad, no a-c. and no heat, the ac broke 2 years ago and it would cost more to fix it than to buy a new trailor, so its a furnice in the summer and an icebox in the winter. it also has lots of jalosy windows, good for ventilation but bad for security and cold days., the roof is leaking and alot of the wood is rotton. the kitchen is as 1960s as you can get, compleate with original appliances, thank god there all working!! the electrical system is really screwed up, thanks to the guy before me re-wiring alot of stuff the ghetto way and trying to remodel by knocking out walls, building new ones, etc etc.
 
Hey, I said "short-term", like in a few hours, not a few weeks, LOL. :tongue: It's not gonna matter now anyways, I see he got a couple spaceheaters. :thmbsp: Most folks who deal with the cold regularly, get acclimated to it, but I know folks from the deep south rarely see temps like this, & it hits them harder. :yes:
 
well mine was built in 1968. for a trailor its not awful. 3 beds, 2 full baths, eat in kitchen, big living room and a nice big florida room. almost 2000 sqare feet! it also has a big long driveway for up to 5 cars! and a nice big yard full of tropical landscaping.

the bad, no a-c. and no heat, the ac broke 2 years ago and it would cost more to fix it than to buy a new trailor, so its a furnice in the summer and an icebox in the winter. it also has lots of jalosy windows, good for ventilation but bad for security and cold days., the roof is leaking and alot of the wood is rotton. the kitchen is as 1960s as you can get, compleate with original appliances, thank god there all working!! the electrical system is really screwed up, thanks to the guy before me re-wiring alot of stuff the ghetto way and trying to remodel by knocking out walls, building new ones, etc etc.

Damn! That is a huge trailer! No wonder you have room for all of your stereo equipment. In the summer, can you get at least a window air conditioner?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom