• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

''FRINGE' is back !!!

It was Walter's stereo that finally brought WalterNet over from the dark side ...

walternet-stereo.jpg
 
The average viewer would rather watch The Kardashions, Jersey Shore, someone cooking an egg or some other stupid reality show. Only people of higher intellect (a surprising few) would exercise their brain by watching Fringe.

So half the show's audience are thumping their mickeys to the strumpet in the leather coat and the other half are congratulating themselves on how smart they are?
 
Or in my case, castigating myself for how much I smart after a good round of strumpet induced mickey thumping ...

I compare Fringe to Babylon 5 ... both require a certain amount of dedication on the part of the audience to track the story and appreciate it's scope. B5 had to beg the networks hat in hand to get the fifth season on the air.

In either case ... No casual viewers allowed! Go back to reality tv and check your brain at the door!
 
Our favorite and beloved sci-fi show ''FRINGE'' returns this Friday,Sept 28 at 8pm CST on Fox!!!!!

Excellent! Finally something decent to watch on the stupid TV! I love everything about this show from the writing and casting to the cinematography and attention to detail. I have to say I wasn't so thrilled with the episode that took place in the future after the observers took over, but for the most part the story line is just over the top and very enjoyable. Guess I'll be turning my stereo off for at least an hour a week! :D
 
Excellent! Finally something decent to watch on the stupid TV! I love everything about this show from the writing and casting to the cinematography and attention to detail. I have to say I wasn't so thrilled with the episode that took place in the future after the observers took over, but for the most part the story line is just over the top and very enjoyable. Guess I'll be turning my stereo off for at least an hour a week! :D

Every year they've had a "wild imaginative" episode like that ...
I'll give them their head if the quality of the series stay like it has ...
even if they've closed the door and finished with the Walternate Earth ...
 
I love Fringe! Been watching since day One! I think I spotted some Pioneer in Walter's system a couple seasons ago. I really hope ratings are good this season and Fringe gets a extension.
 
DVR is set in case I am not home for the shows! One of the few shows I go out of my way to watch.
 
Well, they really shook things up. It took me half the episode to figure out what was going on and even then, I wasn't sure! :thmbsp:
Karl
 
I liked it,although the observers coming back to take control I don't quite understand.

Ya, I guess that's the new reality so now it's probably going to be more of a "good vs evil" rebel underdog type of show that takes place in the future?

I really liked the original concept when they dealt more with unpredictable phenomena and occurrences in the here and now. Maybe they'll find a way back to that somehow, though it seems unlikely.
 
Yep,,, You really have to give ''kudos'' to the writers.. Science fiction stories are very hard to write now-a-days, because we are so technologically advanced that what was ''science ''fiction'' a few years back is now science fact..
Back in the 1950's and early 60's, science fiction was relatively easy to write, because we knew so little about space, the planets,and even our own earth..
A story about a civilization on Mars contacting earth to warn of an asteroid heading our way, or a scientist on Jupiter transmitting instructions on how to build an early missile detection system, or a story about an old man from another planet,transmitting secret messages on tv ch 84. These were all science fiction stories back in the 1950s,, that would never fly today, because we know that there are no people on Mars or Jupiter.. We have early missile detection systems,and we have tv channels well above 84,and on frequencies that they couldn't even begin to imagine back in the 50s..
So today, the science fiction writer has to look elsewhere for material at the few things that we still don't understand like ''parallel universes'', ''time travel''''the future of mankind ''etc..Someday there may not be anymore science'''fiction''....

:tresbon:
 
Last edited:
I liked it,although the observers coming back to take control I don't quite understand.

Our excesses finally caught up with "us" and they really had no choice. Their civilization had gone right in the crapper due to the earth wearing out (remember the part about how they had trouble breathing our air because it has too much oxy?) and they came back to take control and change the future to ensure mankind's survival. Their New! Improved? version of it anyway.

Of course, their civilization had instituted what we feel were fairly draconian measures to stretch what was left and survive, and they brought that baggage with them. Doesn't help that we outnumber them about a million to one either, so figure a lot tighter controls are required to make their plan work. It was either that or just plug us all into the Matrix as organic "D" cells. I suspect there's some big warm 'n fuzzy compromise somewhere towards the end of the season. Either that or a thousand Olivias vaporize them and the Earth suddenly goes empty around the early 27th century ... stay tuned. <G>

One thing that puzzles me ... You never see any Observer women ... you'd think they'd be a lot happier? "Oh, yeah ... you're home late from work because you had some probing to do. Probably that blonde strumpet again, and I'm supposed to believe you were just probing her mind. Right. Go probe yourself, and make your own supper while you're at it."
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom