• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

''FRINGE' is back !!!

Our excesses finally caught up with "us" and they really had no choice. Their civilization had gone right in the crapper due to the earth wearing out (remember the part about how they had trouble breathing our air because it has too much oxy?) and they came back to take control and change the future to ensure mankind's survival. Their New! Improved? version of it anyway.

Of course, their civilization had instituted what we feel were fairly draconian measures to stretch what was left and survive, and they brought that baggage with them. Doesn't help that we outnumber them about a million to one either, so figure a lot tighter controls are required to make their plan work. It was either that or just plug us all into the Matrix as organic "D" cells. I suspect there's some big warm 'n fuzzy compromise somewhere towards the end of the season. Either that or a thousand Olivias vaporize them and the Earth suddenly goes empty around the early 27th century ... stay tuned. <G>

One thing that puzzles me ... You never see any Observer women ... you'd think they'd be a lot happier? "Oh, yeah ... you're home late from work because you had some probing to do. Probably that blonde strumpet again, and I'm supposed to believe you were just probing her mind. Right. Go probe yourself, and make your own supper while you're at it."

To me it seems they're just here to conquer not help.
 
To me it seems they're just here to conquer not help.

Well, ya. If you look at if from their point of view, it's our excesses that put them in the predicament they faced in their future. It's all about them beating us down and keeping us in line so that doesn't happen. I'd think their invasion was timed to apply the impact at the tipping point from which there would be no possible return. Not to forget that million to one ratio of them vs us ... how else are they to succeed without practical application of the iron boot?

If Fringe Division goes under and no one else steps up to bat, I'm sure they'll ease up in a couple decades or so ... assUming the bleeding hearts like September (AKA: Mister Gemini) don't get in the way too much. Or they screw with the timeline enough so that none of this (or them for that matter) ever happened ... not that it did ... and we finally mutate and evolve into a superior species of nocturnal creatures that thrive on oxy deprivation and nuclear waste.

Paul-alien-007.jpg
 
Our excesses finally caught up with "us" and they really had no choice. Their civilization had gone right in the crapper due to the earth wearing out (remember the part about how they had trouble breathing our air because it has too much oxy?) and they came back to take control and change the future to ensure mankind's survival. Their New! Improved? version of it anyway.

Of course, their civilization had instituted what we feel were fairly draconian measures to stretch what was left and survive, and they brought that baggage with them. Doesn't help that we outnumber them about a million to one either, so figure a lot tighter controls are required to make their plan work. It was either that or just plug us all into the Matrix as organic "D" cells. I suspect there's some big warm 'n fuzzy compromise somewhere towards the end of the season. Either that or a thousand Olivias vaporize them and the Earth suddenly goes empty around the early 27th century ... stay tuned. <G>

One thing that puzzles me ... You never see any Observer women ... you'd think they'd be a lot happier? "Oh, yeah ... you're home late from work because you had some probing to do. Probably that blonde strumpet again, and I'm supposed to believe you were just probing her mind. Right. Go probe yourself, and make your own supper while you're at it."
Loved your last paragraph.

I keep getting the feeling that "time" will be restored and they will go back to the Fringe we used to know. I'm afraid I'm now on autopilot and watching just because I have since the beginning. Maybe there is something subliminal going on we haven't yet figured out that keeps us coming back for more. Otherwise, if it wasn't for the chemistry of the "paired" characters, I'm not sure I would watch much more. Oh, and spotting vintage gear is fun.
 
This just fell thru the ceiling. It's supposed to be the plot for the grand finale.

fringe-last-episode.jpg


Now all ya gotta do is tag an Observer for a translation.

Excuse me Mr Bald Man w/Hat?
 
Last edited:
Interesting list of episodes with number of viewers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Fringe_episodes

I also, loved the music Walter always played throughout the series. I'd often find myself turning up the volume just for the music in the background Walter frequently played in his lab.
I'm still looking for a comprehensive list of songs. Not just by episode.
 
Wasn't "Nights in White Satin" playing in the last episode? I'm pretty certain it was the Moody Blues, but not absolute on the tune.
Yep - playing in the past on Walter's Video - stopped when it all got ambered.
 
Yep - playing in the past on Walter's Video - stopped when it all got ambered.

Yep, and it was playing for a couple of seconds when the power got turned back on in the lab. Now that was a dirty record in need of an RCM!
 
Yep, and it was playing for a couple of seconds when the power got turned back on in the lab. Now that was a dirty record in need of an RCM!
Yea Walter,,,,, It's time to call ''Echowars; or 'Mark The Fixer'' :yes:
 
Last edited:
That is one of the many ''charms'' of Fringe.. Ever so often ,an old song can be heard playing deep within the background...And although most of the time it's in Walter's Lab,, it's not always.. There was one episode where they went to a cafe in some creepy little town.. In the background, barely audible, you could hear ''Will you still love me tomorrow' by the Cherrels.. In another episode, Peter was looking for a secret electronic device.. He found it in an empty apartment ,hidden inside of an old console stereo,underneath the turntable..
I think that it is safe to say that at least one or two of the writers of Fringe is into vintage music,and vintage audio...
 
I'm totally enjoying the last season of Fringe so far, and Walter having all his brain parts
back in, those observer's better watch out!

Tube
 
Just a reminder ...

Tomorrow on the Science Channel at 8:00PM EST ...

It's baaaaaaaaaaaackkkkk ....

It's a Tuesday Twofer ... Season one ... pilot AND first episode. Make sure you got plenty of popcorn!

:lurk: :lurk:

UPDATE > > I decided not to wait and just got the entire first four seasons on DVD. $10 per season and free shipping at Amazon.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom