• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Fullrange Madness (Part 3 w/pics)

Can't wait to see them Gary. Everyone will be lined up to hook their amps up to them at the gtg Saturday. I know I will.
 
Bring the iPod so we can use the battery amp and iPod and be off the power grid completely!

These are not very efficient drivers, so I'll be interested to see how the perform with some of the low power amps that will be there.
 
Bring the iPod so we can use the battery amp and iPod and be off the power grid completely!

These are not very efficient drivers, so I'll be interested to see how the perform with some of the low power amps that will be there.

Deal..... Can you bring the fostex drivers in the test boxes?
 
I'm almost there!

Finished of the fronts by cutting the port and mounting the driver. Love the way they look!

I could not stop there I had to a least get a little listen before calling it a night. The cabinet is not lined yet and the backs are not screwed on, but I just had to have a listen.

Wow these Jordan's are smooth. Don't seem to have some of the peakiness the Fostex's tend to show. In the basement the bass was minimal, but most speakers down there have that problem. Mids were to die for.

Can't wait to get these to a listening state tomorrow.

JordanPair.jpg

Jordansingle.jpg
 
Rear porting might give you less flexability in regard to placement. Then again rear porting might give to the ability to further tune the bass because of the same.

Either that or I'm speaking nonsense.

RC

you aint crazy doucanoe :no:

it's the old 'depends on the room' thang . . . .
 
Felt lined and backs screwed on and they are singing beautifully.

Can't wait to have the local guys hear them tomorrow and see what their ears are hearing.
 
Felt lined and backs screwed on and they are singing beautifully.

Can't wait to have the local guys hear them tomorrow and see what their ears are hearing.



They are done? Excellent!

I have a feeling that these will get a lot of play time tomorrow in the tube room :thmbsp:

RC
 
Well, it is kinda embarrassing posting mine after Gary's, but here goes.

DIY Jordan JX92S Slead Bookshelf Speakers

0.25ft^3 sealed. Next step is to make the box aperiodic. I'm not sure if that will add enough low end to eliminate the need for a sub. If not, I will try ported bookshelf.
 

Attachments

  • Jordan-JX92S-Sealed-Loudspeaker.JPG
    Jordan-JX92S-Sealed-Loudspeaker.JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 67
Here they are in there finished state.

Outriggers made to give them some stability. I think they look cool too.
Jordansfinished3.jpg

Jordansfinished.jpg

Jordansfinished5.jpg

JordanOutside.jpg
 
They look more beautiful now than when I saw them the first time. I do like the outriggers and spike setup.
 
Back
Top Bottom