• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

G-8000 F-2806 driver amp circuit board?

qprhooligan

Well-Known Member
In my service manual they have this same part f-2806 for the G-8000 and g-9000. Can I put one of these from a G-9000 into my g-8000? Are they identical and interchangeable?

Thanks.
 
Register to hide this ad
I've never actually interchanged the driver boards before but I do believe they are the same. The only differences in the amp section are the 9000 operates on slightly higher rail voltages and of course the outputs are different with higher ratings and SOA due to the 9000 vs. 8000 power output.
 
Last edited:
I reckon you can change them. As overload says the G9000 has higher rail voltages, so some of the caps are higher voltage.....Im almost certain apart form that, they are the same....
BUT, I would not put an 8000 driver board in a 9000 due to the higher rail voltages, but I would put a 9000 driver board in a 8000 however, I dont see that would be a problem....
 
I was hoping for more details or some back ground here at least on why the need to know if a 9000 will swap in. Maybe the exsisting driver board in the 8000 is beyond repair or missing? You wanted to know if a 9000 board will swap in because you have a 9000 board or can get one and things of that nature. Whatever the reason behind the board replacement, my hunch is that the OP probably can get his hands on a 9000 board thus wants to know if it will drop in before getting it.

I can only say with damned near certainty that they are the same boards even down to the cap values. I've never sat down with the two side by side. As far as I know the only differences between the 8000 & 9000 amp sections are what I stated already and the PS supplying them. There is also the little detail of the double oval style vs the round individual main filter caps. The main filter caps in the 9000 have a higher WVDC due to the higher rails of course and higher capacitance reserves but is really of no concern to the actual driver boards.
 
Although the board numbers are the same, the SM clearly lists two different part numbers for them. I would make the assumption that the F-2806 designation is for the bare board, without the components. The part number designations are for complete boards with components. The not so useful parts list for that board does not show alternate part numbers for the G-8000/G-801 vs the G-9000/9G-901.
 
Back
Top Bottom