• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Giddyup, it's the Saturday April 18th 2026 Spring FrankenFest in West Boylston, MA.

w1jim

I can fix it but good...
Subscriber
Load up your treasures - break open the piggy bank, it’s that time again!

Saturday April 18th 2026 at 10 AM at the same place in West Boylston, MA.

For Subscribers here's the Barter Town thread link:


Once again we are renting the Masonic Lodge in West Boylston. It's a really cool venue with plenty of parking.

Address:
12 Church Street
West Boylston, MA 01583

We have the facility starting at 10AM for setup and we’ll wrap it all up by 3 PM.

Admission has been upped to $10 but if you bring your under 18 kids they'll be free.

You should enter through the front door and pay your admission fee and get your name tag after which you can use the side doors to bring in treasures for sale in the lower level function room.

There is parking in the side lot, on the street and in the field behind the building (if it's wet we'll need to take that into account).
We'll want to minimize on street parking so as to not upset the neighbors - but we can use what we need as necessary.

If you bring free stuff to give away and it doesn't get taken make sure to take it home with you.
DO NOT LEAVE ANYTHING IN THEIR DUMPSTER!

The upper level auditorium area will be used for auditioning systems.
There is also a medium sized and smaller side room that can be used for auditioning systems.

The lower level will be used for selling and there’s a kitchen area.

There are a limited number of tables - if you partake of them only take one - if you can you should bring your own as well.

There are a limited number of power outlets - if you need power for a system bring extension cords and power strips.

Appropriate snacks/drinks are appreciated.

Of course no smoking inside the facility.

See you there -
Jim / W1JIM
 
Register to hide this ad
So anybody coming to this know how to repair clock radios? I have a super cool 70’s Panasonic flip clock and somehow, the clock itself seems to work great. But the radio makes no sound. Well once it miraculously worked for a minute then next time I cycled the power switch it didn’t. Would love to put this into service.
 
So anybody coming to this know how to repair clock radios? I have a super cool 70’s Panasonic flip clock and somehow, the clock itself seems to work great. But the radio makes no sound. Well once it miraculously worked for a minute then next time I cycled the power switch it didn’t. Would love to put this into service.
I have a Panasonic clock radio too, but a flip clock? That's pretty old tech. I've gone digital.

This had sound output issues , but cleaning the volume pot fixed it.

20260307_133553.jpg
 
I have a crate of records I was thinking of bringing w/me to sell, many $2-5, some $10s and a few higher, along with some CDs and a turntable. Would there also be interest in me bringing over some of my Atari 2600 stuff to sell cheap if anyone is interested? It's video games, not audio, but in my experience the audiences share some folks.
 
25 days left - start spreading the word on you sociable media!

BTW - 6 mugs left, let me know if you're interested.
 
This is excellent timing - I am at AXPONA the weekend prior - and I will be bringing my Super Tower speakers and Geshelli Labs system. Looking forward to it!
Neil, just saw your post on Facebook, I have been looking forward to hearing your speakers/designs for years, can't wait to say hi and finally hear them!
 
It just hit me that this is the same day as record store day...

Anyone else planning on hitting the stores beforehand?
 
I plan on being there. Bringing the latest speaker project. Computer and Topping DAC for source, Eagle 2 or Eagle 4 for amp. This build is a three way design with woofer and passives from Parts Express, Monsoon planar drivers from eBay for mids and HiVi planar tweeter from Parts Express. Still doing final tweaks but it should be ready for the 'Fest. If anyone wants to audition any of your tunes on this system feel free to stop by.

Ed
 
Greetings everyone, only 2 weeks left before FrankenFest!

If someone could bring:
2 bags of ice
A case of bottled water (Walmart is s good cheap source)

I have 4 mugs left, let me know if you’d like one otherwise they’ll be available at the door.

Thanks,
Jim
 
I've got a few cool items to demo. Prolly bring the Marantz 7 pre and Van Alstine Dynaco Super 70. I don't want to break my back so maybe just the Celstion SL-6's for speakers. Still, with the Marantz's renowned phono pre, I may feel the need to grab the Thorens TD 126 mk II as an adjunct to the front end.
 
I didn't see a link for items of possible interest at the FrankenFest so I hope that it's not wrong posting here. I've got a pair of the Ohm I speakers that I wouldn't mind parting with. These are the ones that were designed to come as close to the Legendary Ohm F Walsh as a conventional speaker could. As such, this has an 8" upper woofer, 1 1/2" dome mid and 3/4" tweeter top mounted and pointing up with a front firing 12" subwoofer and 3/4" tweet to aid in localization. I've never heard the F, but will say that these do offer a spacious presentation with reasonable focus in the stereo image. The fact that they are both rather efficient and also capable of handling scads of power make them potentially quite loud on demand. I've only driven these with a 50 wpc McIthosh but will say the output is impressive. These are in fine working order and the cabs look very good too although I'm sorry to say I have no grills. I'd like to get $500 for the pair to cover most of what I've got into them. I'll only bring them if there's an interested buyer (they're big and heavy). Photos on request.
 
Back
Top Bottom