• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Gifted Garrard LAB80

chefde

Active Member
A friend gave me this turntable amongst a few other things (see link to thread below)


http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=355739

Here are some pics; I cleaned it up and lubed everything it sounds great! I just have a few "auto" issues to sort out.

I've found all the info I need here (at this great site) so, I don't need help right now (I'll let you know if I do!!!).

I just wanted to share pictures of this beautiful TT.
 

Attachments

  • DSC01319.jpg
    DSC01319.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC01320.jpg
    DSC01320.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC01321.jpg
    DSC01321.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 36
Register to hide this ad
Nice TT. I like the wood bases on these. Looks so much classier than the cheesy plastic ones that their later changers came with.
 
Nice catch! :thmbsp:

The Lab 80 has been on my short-list of TTs I'd still like to find, but the only one I've found here was in a hi-fi shop priced right at the top of the market, at around US$600 (IIRC). The seller knew he had a Japanese customer who visits Hong Kong regularly, who would take it at that price, so he wouldn't negotiate from it, so I passed. Haven't seen another one... yet. Love the vintage look of that wooden tonearm! :yes:
 
Thanks for the invite Gillsev!!!

I'm in; looking at the great pics right now!

Arkay, the price on mine was right! $600...ouch!

I had it hooked up to my Pioneer SA-7700 & stacked Advents; it sounds different compared to my other TT's.

I read how different TT's have different sounds but never really believed it until now.

I always thought it was ALL about the cart; such a newb!
 
Back
Top Bottom