• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Goodmans Triaxiom 212 Issue

angelaudio

Super Member
I have a 16 ohm Ghoodmans Triaxiom 212 that’s giving me some issues.

When I brought the pair of speakers home and tested the resistance they both measured at about 17ohms. I plugged them in and one was not producing HF. So I took them out of the cabs and switched the crossovers to check if maybe it was just a bad capacitor. Nope. Still the same issue. So that rules out a bad capacitor in the x-over. So what could it be? Bad voice coil? I also get a lot of LF distortion from the bad speaker with no HF. Bad voice coils for the tweeter and the woofer?
 
Register to hide this ad
Check the L pad. They can get dirty and unreliable.

Lots of LF distortion is bad though, sounds like it could be a write off
 
Check the L pad. They can get dirty and unreliable.

Lots of LF distortion is bad though, sounds like it could be a write off
Sh*t. I was afraid somebody might say that. The L pad works on the good speaker before and after switching the crossover (which has the L pad wired to it) so it’s not that.
 
Check the L pad. They can get dirty and unreliable.

Lots of LF distortion is bad though, sounds like it could be a write off
Ok, I flipped the speaker onto its back and the distortion is gone. I might have actually been hearing a voice coil rub. There might still be hope
 
Back
Top Bottom