• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Got a Barzilay console today!

Whoaa a Sansui 1000A

The console is amazingly beautiful, and the Sansui just tops it off . . .

Did I say DAMN???

Cheers
 
Lucky guy to get that... After getting my Barzilay speakers, and seeing a lot of other Barzilay consoles, I got a real soft spot for them. QUALITY stuff. Wish they still made things like that without having to hunt all over the place to find a maker.

Beautiful piece, and some decent gear in it too... it's a time machine for sure. I think I'd send that 1000A out for a complete restoration.
 
I got lucky - right after I posted that WTB here on BT I went over to CL and saw the ad for this. It was a week old, and surprisingly they still had it. Probably because it wasn't priced particularly cheap.

I'll probably keep the dual in there and the EV speakers. I'm thinking I'll pull the Sansui and Teac deck out and replace them with small-ish tube amp with a DAC/Preamp.

I have some nice Barzilay speaker cabs that match it pretty well, so I'll eventually eWave those and have a system!

When restored, I think you would be quite happy with that 1000A.
 
I just noticed your Barzilay cabinets in the background... Same ones I have... You can build a HELL of a set of Econo waves in them.. especially if you leave the ecno part out... A couple of us have stuffed them with some really nice drivers.. There's a pair around here with JBL LE14's I think.. Trying to remember who... then there are mine.. and I think someone else stuffed some with Altec.. I can't remember...

Anyway, You're going to enjoy that all said an done.. Great furniture.
 
lovely looking piece and a very nice find! love to see some pictures of the speakers.

Figured out how to get in there - I had to remove the grill on the right in order to access the 4 screws holding the baffle.

Fairly run of the mill EV LT-12, but a nice bonus as I wasn't aware it had any speakers at first.

I wonder if this console also would have had a set of external speakers? Only the internal ones were connected to the 1000A & no extra wire.

IMG_0860.JPG
 
nice! those speakers like the rest of the unit look to be in pristine condition, once again congrats on a great find i bet that will sound very nice indeed.
 
One of the few console I've seen here that I would not butcher for parts. :D

Looks good and I like this type of period/era design. Have fun!

az
 
I have never seen that style of Barzilay cabinet before. Now I want one, lol! Nice score.....at whatever price!
 
Back
Top Bottom