• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Got hit today in my '96 Nissan Sentra!

KentTeffeteller

Gimpus Stereophilus!
Hi all AK people,

Got my venerable, almost 200,000 mile 1996 Nissan Sentra GLE hit today from the side by a driver who thought he could make 3 lanes out of 2. The gentleman who hit me was driving a Ford Ranger pickup truck and apparently got cited for it as well as being at fault. He also hit 2 other cars, both recent VW products. Did around $1500 plus to all 3 of us. I will have to have a fender minimum, a CV joint or two, a turn signal, suspension and alignment repairs, and possibly more. Sandy G has seen my car as has EVSentry100. It was beautiful and superbly maintained all the way. I am not very happy. If a rental is required the other driver's insurance will get to pay for a wheelchair vehicle rental and they will sure love that $150/day expenditure for sure. Not my day at all!
 
Register to hide this ad
Ouch!, man, that sucks:sigh:. "Our" (my mothers) van got hit several years ago, it's a '02 sienna, no fast-food, towels in the floor, etc. basically mint, got hit in the front, new fender, I think engine mount re-aligning, and such. Lot of pain to go through, certainly not something to wish for:no:.

I hope your car comes back just as good (if not better) than it left, And I hope you are alright as well!

3 lanes out of 2, jeez people:thumbsdn:
 
I am sore and dinged up. Very shaken up. I have spina bifida and must drive with hand controls and am a busy broadcast engineer. Adapted rental vehicles aren't easily had, especially in a small town. My back is very sore. And I am trying to heal up a cracked tailbone at that. I have to talk to my insurance agent tomorrow about getting this settled up. I may be having to look for another car. I need a larger car as it is!
 
Hi all AK people,

Got my venerable, almost 200,000 mile 1996 Nissan Sentra GLE hit today from the side by a driver who thought he could make 3 lanes out of 2. The gentleman who hit me was driving a Ford Ranger pickup truck and apparently got cited for it as well as being at fault. He also hit 2 other cars, both recent VW products. Did around $1500 plus to all 3 of us. I will have to have a fender minimum, a CV joint or two, a turn signal, suspension and alignment repairs, and possibly more. Sandy G has seen my car as has EVSentry100. It was beautiful and superbly maintained all the way. I am not very happy. If a rental is required the other driver's insurance will get to pay for a wheelchair vehicle rental and they will sure love that $150/day expenditure for sure. Not my day at all!

That sucks

If it got hit hard enough to to take out a CV joint, you may have damage to the transaxle, and possible the frame / subframe / cradle (not sure what that car has).

I hate stupid drivers...:bash:
 
Damn, Me Olde Sonne, take care of yrself...Blessings from Lauriann...Need anything, please call !
 
Wow, that is a bad day! I'd think it's pretty tough to adapt a new car to hand controls. I know I'd be angry if someone totaled my special car, I almost cried when some idiot put a big dent in my Caddy. Hope all goes well for ya soon!
 
Update,

Got my 3 estimates this morning and discussed matters with my insurance agent. $1500-$1700 plus of damage to my car. Talked to several rental car companies today. They don't offer vehicles for rent with hand controls installed. In my area, Wheelchair Getaways is it. $170/day rental for a wheelchair lift equipped adapted van. 4-10 days rental needed after discussing length of repairs. Car may be borderline totalled. Results= When idiot Ford Ranger driver collides into VW Jetta and bounces off Sentra and the laws of gimp physics come into play, you get spastic neck and back muscles on me and my mom and his insurance gets over $12,000 in damages (conservative estimate, the 6 year old Jetta may be totalled out) Bet that gentleman won't have car insurance after that with that company and the ticket he got. That's Life!
 
That really sucks having some idiot crash into you and wrecking your Sentra GLE that you cared for. I'm glad you are okay. I got involved in an accident with a drunk driver 11 years ago. I had a deep chest bruise and I was off of work for a month.
 
Sorry to hear that, and I wish you a speedy and event-free recovery from soreness... And a hassle-free resolution of the damage.

It's especially upsetting on the damage, when it's a vehicle that has been cared for to run 200K plus miles. I have a Toyota truck that I bought used in 1994, and it had 250K then. The odometer quit about a year later, and it probably has 350K or more now. The gas pedal is worn to the metal. It already got "totalled" once in 1995 when a storm blew tree limbs and rocks onto it, but I settled on it with State Farm for a lesser payout, and clean (not salvage) title. I fixed it good as new.

Charles
 
Wish I had/knew where there was a clean lo-mileage W123 Mercedes 300D....(grin) Preferrably the station wagon version, plenty of room for Kent's chair & other stuff he carries around...
 
Update,

Got an MRI yesterday. Just got the results. Cracked left hip and socket and swollen spinal cord area. At high risk of going tethered (a not unusual issue with spina bifida folks). Good news is I can laugh (been listening to Rich Little doing his Senator version of "That's Life". A certified hoot!
 
Oh man, that doesn't sound pleasent at all:sigh:. I hope you recover fully with no issues...better not pay a cent for it either:no:. good to hear your in good spirits, though. I'm going to have to look up rich little now:scratch2:...
 
Update,

The car quit today. Doesn't run. Heard from the other guy's insurance company. Had the car towed to the body shop and an adjuster should be seeing it sometime in the next day or two. Should have a rental van tomorrow if luck is with us. The car has engine issues as well as the front end. In short, I don't have transportation. Not good at all.
 
Back
Top Bottom