• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Got my Soundcraftsmen !! WoW

BruenoB

Well-Known Member
Well I got my Soundcraftsmen 4002 Preamp / Signal Processor (EQ) and MA5002 Power Amp and got them hooked up to my Cerwin Vega D-9s and WOW !!

So much power and the bass is amazing now!! My old receiver just didn't push the big D-9s like this does !!

Still running my old Pioneer twin changer CDP until I can get my hands on the CDP I want but still sounds great and I LOVE IT !!!!

Does anyone know if I can swap the bulbs in the VU meters on the power amp for colored LEDs ???
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Never seen a 5004 amp. Seen several 5002's. SC gear definitely will rock your world.:yes:
 
Yes it does !!

When I got my D-9s and refoamed them etc. I hooked them up to my receiver and was actually disappointed in them.

I went on some forums and was told that my receiver just probably didnt have the power they needed etc. and that's why they werent sounding very good.

I was a bit sceptical until now....
 
I'm using a pair of TOA's with my 5002.. Garage system-designed for maximum neighbor annoyance..
 
Nice. I listen to mainly rock and metal mainly and techno. the gf likes rap so heavy bass was required. :banana:
 
I have that same combo, SP4002 with MA5002. I need to get my 5002 up and running though, it's stuck in protect. The SP4002 is a really nice pre, I like the Cartri-Match feature. I'll be running my SC gear on Dahlquist DQ-10s soon.
 
Well I got my Soundcraftsmen 4002 Preamp / Signal Processor (EQ) and MA5002 Power Amp and got them hooked up to my Cerwin Vega D-9s and WOW !!
That's very interesting for me because in the house I moved from a year ago, that was the system I had, except my amp was the A5002 with the colored LED's. Yours has the cool retro look. I almost said "cooler" but that is probably because I'm suffering from "the grass is greener on the other side" syndrome.

What I am trying to say is that I LITERALLY know exactly what you are talking about! :D
 
I have that same combo, SP4002 with MA5002. I need to get my 5002 up and running though, it's stuck in protect. The SP4002 is a really nice pre, I like the Cartri-Match feature. I'll be running my SC gear on Dahlquist DQ-10s soon.

I've heard that, for this particular amp, every time you turn the amp on first or turn the preamp off first you are playing Russian roulette with the amp. Apparently it is "delicate" in this area.
 
Yes it does !!

When I got my D-9s and refoamed them etc. I hooked them up to my receiver and was actually disappointed in them.

I went on some forums and was told that my receiver just probably didnt have the power they needed etc. and that's why they werent sounding very good.

I was a bit sceptical until now....
With mine I originally powered them with a Mitsubishi DA-A10/M10 and, although they sounded pretty good, the Soundcraftsmen took away the veil. I still use the Mitsubishi setup at our cabin in Kentucky with some small Polk Bookshelves and a sub, but the CV's really reward you for feeding them properly.

I used to sell the CV stuff in the late 70's. The rep had a 15" raw speaker with the wires ending in an AC plug. He'd plug the speaker directly into the wall outlet to produce a nice 60 cycle hum with no damage.

If you reinforce the D9 with a little internal wall stress, it really takes away the boomyness, btw. The walls are a bit thin for their size.
 
I've heard that, for this particular amp, every time you turn the amp on first or turn the preamp off first you are playing Russian roulette with the amp. Apparently it is "delicate" in this area.

Yep, follow the rule power amp on last, off first. The MA5002 service manual has a mod to fix the problem, but it's still a good idea to stick to the power on/off rule. I'll have to look at my manual, but it's just a couple diodes to fix the problem.
 
I have that same combo, SP4002 with MA5002. I need to get my 5002 up and running though, it's stuck in protect. The SP4002 is a really nice pre, I like the Cartri-Match feature. I'll be running my SC gear on Dahlquist DQ-10s soon.

You still haven't got it running yet..Whats up with that Kyle..:D
 
Back
Top Bottom