• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Great "Every Day Carry" knives

Here is something I have been carrying quite often for several months. Although not the most practical, it is my own original design and is highly functional, handy, and fun to play with. It takes standard scalpel blades.

gzRHcLY.jpg


ctfkUe4.jpg


yK1LozK.jpg


Rw11X52.jpg
 
I love Buck knives! the black & silver brings me right back to camping as a kid in the 70s! I just ordered the wife a custom from Michael Bodnar from Staten Island.
"Small Fighter style, around 5-3/4” overall with 2-3/8” cutting edge CPM154 with etched finish Burgundy Maple Burl handle supplied sheath in natural or brown with belt clip" the etched CPM154 is like the blue handled knife below... all 3 are "Small Fighters"
These are the scales I sent him
View attachment 1867836
I love the looks of the burl and Damascus combination!
 
I'm looking for a decent quality traditional Italian stiletto style switchblade. I don't want a Microtech or anything "modern", I just want a classic side opening stiletto style. The problem is I can't seem to find a middle ground, they're either $10 or $1000+. I don't need exotic handle materials, but I'd like a good quality blade steel and definitely a good quality build and fit and finish. It doesn't have to be a high end custom job, but I don't want a flea market POS either. I wish Spyderco or someone would make a modern version of one with classic looks but with modern steel and a pocket clip. I'd really like to have a clip but I'm afraid I may have to resort to a less classic design for that. Anyway, suggestions?
I'm looking for a decent quality traditional Italian stiletto style switchblade. I don't want a Microtech or anything "modern", I just want a classic side opening stiletto style. The problem is I can't seem to find a middle ground, they're either $10 or $1000+. I don't need exotic handle materials, but I'd like a good quality blade steel and definitely a good quality build and fit and finish. It doesn't have to be a high end custom job, but I don't want a flea market POS either. I wish Spyderco or someone would make a modern version of one with classic looks but with modern steel and a pocket clip. I'd really like to have a clip but I'm afraid I may have to resort to a less classic design for that. Anyway, suggestions?
Pro Tech Rockeye SBR (USA made) Les George acid wash blade. Best side action auto made IMO. Blade is stout. Under 3 bills. They have other great side opening autos.
PXL_20230607_235319194.jpg PXL_20230607_235309192.jpg
 
Last edited:
I make knives now , I used to collect them and had thousands of them that I sold or traded, been to many shows and meet lots of makers and fan boys , I carry most of the time a folder and when I’m working around the house a fix blade.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1454.jpeg
    IMG_1454.jpeg
    111.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8317.jpeg
    IMG_8317.jpeg
    70.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 70302442578__1EC3FD98-CD20-448B-A548-73B39155CBF1.jpeg
    70302442578__1EC3FD98-CD20-448B-A548-73B39155CBF1.jpeg
    87.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1626.jpeg
    IMG_1626.jpeg
    121.6 KB · Views: 9
  • F1729144-BF67-4321-903B-DB4CAF485232.jpeg
    F1729144-BF67-4321-903B-DB4CAF485232.jpeg
    67.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1653.jpeg
    IMG_1653.jpeg
    128.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1893.jpeg
    IMG_1893.jpeg
    111.3 KB · Views: 10
I have too many knives (if that's possible), so my EDC rotates.
Added this one to the mix recently. "Gentleman's knife" at only 6.5" overall length.

1691153638800.png
 
For the member who was looking for a traditional-style Italian stiletto, Frank Beltrame offers a large selection of them, made in Maniago, Italy (the home of Lionsteel Knives). His blades are very respectable in both price and quality.
 
I hope those are better than the knife I bought when I was in Italy at the age of 13. I bought my knife on the Isle of Capri and it was a true piece of junk. It fell apart within a year.
 
Today, it`s an old (circa around 1980) Gerber Bolt-Lock, a collaboration between Gerber and Blackie Collins. I`m pretty sure this was the first folder I ever owned with a full-flat grind on the blade (most folders in those days were hollow-ground, in the fashion of the Buck 110). When I first used it, I remember thinking "Man, this thing slices like CRAZY !"

View attachment 988174
I have this exact knife as a gift, till this day it is my favorite to carry. This knife was my introduction to Gerber knives. Somehow the two bolt covers are now missing.
 
Back
Top Bottom