• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Greater Houston Area RTR help?

HK4304EVR

New Member
Took a gamble on a vintage TEAC A-1200 and lost. Lol. I'm looking for a knowledgeable RTR repair source in the greater Houston area to get this thing up and running. Any members know of anybody? Thanks in advance...
 
Register to hide this ad
Try Save On Sound. Not a whole lot of reviews on his business, but I've used him twice with good results. No one else around I know of that has a "storefront" in the area.
 
I tried Bammel TV Technology Services and lost. Brought in a lovely Denon DP1000 TT with Black Widow tone arm for basic stuff and they butchered it. Only playing out of one channel and the speed is off.

HS
 
If it's belt/linkage issues, your best bet is DIY. Even I, ham-handed as I am, was able to get an old TEAC A-4010SL running.
If it's electronic in nature, I second Tom at Save On Sound. He fixed a couple of amps for me in years past and I was pleased with his work.
 
Thanks again, M!

I took a good look at it. Caps weren't leaking, no burned/hot items on the boards I could see. The motor just wasn't getting juice and Bammel concluded it was the transistors.

I can use the Tom reference for this and/or my Bogen receiver that needs a bit of work beyond my capabilities. Mechanical is more my thing...

Cheers,
HS
 
Back
Top Bottom