• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

GREEDBAY!!! at it's finest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register to hide this ad
So seller has visions of grandeur. His choice of $$$ value I guess. But don't like, don't bid.
 
I don't think people over-valuing the stuff they are selling started with E-bay. This guy will figure it out when he gets no interest at the price, or $500 or $300 or $100....
 
I think a lot of people are seeing certain items go for big money and think any piece of old audio equipment they come by is valuable. I see this happen at thrift stores. they print out a auction listing with a stupid BIN and they price their turd for a little less, but still crazy price.
 
Although overpriced, it is a nice looking piece of furniture, probably wood veneer if not real wood. Been to the furniture store lately?
 
I guess I do not understand why these types of threads keep popping up from time to time. It's a perfect example of a free market. Sellers can ask whatever they want for their item. If they price it too high, it will go unsold. If it sells, then they have discovered the true 'value' of the item; because the true value is whatever a buyer is willing to pay, not what we 'think' the item is actually worth.

If you want it, bid on it. If you think the price is too high, don't bid on it. This is a problem how, exactly?
 
I guess I do not understand why these types of threads keep popping up from time to time. It's a perfect example of a free market. Sellers can ask whatever they want for their item. If they price it too high, it will go unsold. If it sells, then they have discovered the true 'value' of the item; because the true value is whatever a buyer is willing to pay, not what we 'think' the item is actually worth.

If you want it, bid on it. If you think the price is too high, don't bid on it. This is a problem how, exactly?

+1 :yes: This thread violates forum rules big time, I quote:

Retro Stereo said:
4). Posting of eBay, Craigslist, Audiogon, etc., auction and for sale links should be posted in the "Dollars and Sense" forum only, not in the Vintage Solid State forum. Furthermore, ALL valuations of equipment questions should only be asked in the "Dollars and Sense" forum as well.

And, if posted in the Dollars and Sense forum, it violates another rule:

Fisherdude said:
Anti-eBay or anti-PayPal rants are forbidden. Don’t like ‘em, don’t use ‘em. If you have a question about eBay, or you would like to answer a question and you have personal experience or knowledge of the topic, chime in. If your post sounds like “PayPal sucks, eBay screws its sellers, and anybody who uses either one is a moron”, don’t bother.

This thread has no meaning or purpose other then to rant.
 
Last edited:
Exactly.

If the thread was about value, it would be moved to D&S. However, it's about "GREEDBAY!!!"

Closed.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom