• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Greeneville TN to Asheville NC

imdocjas

Well-Known Member
anyone in the Greeneville TN area planning to travel to Asheville anytime soon? I have a small item (receiver) that needs picked up and transported if at all possible. thanks in advance if you're coming this way!
 
Register to hide this ad
I wish this was about a month & a half/2 months from now-I could LIKELY talk my wife into an Asheville jaunt, w/the trees being at their peak about then... Greeneville to Asheville on 70 is GORGEOUS that time of year... She also LOVES to hit the outlet joints about ANY time..
 
What's your time frame? If you're not in a big hurry, I might be able to help out with a relay at least. Is the seller willing to drive any?
 
JW, I would like to get it within a week or so. the seller isn't willing to drive, apparently he has some health issues, his wife has health issues, and he is also dealing with other family issues that prompted the sale. a relay would be greatly appreciated!
 
It's possible I will be in Greeneville on Sunday, but I'm not sure right now. If I don't make it down there, maybe the seller can meet me halfway between Greeneville and JC, I can then meet you halfway between JC and Asheville.

There's also a possibility that I will be in Greeneville with a friend from Asheville. I'll know more about my plans later this evening.
 
I will be in Greeneville on Sunday, and I will have a friend from Asheville there.

There's a couple of caveats. I will be getting to Green Evil on Sunday morning, so it may be hard to meet your seller then. And my buddy will likely be able to take it back to Asheville, but the last time I had him bring something from there for me it was a bit of a pain for him, so I hate to ask. I have yet to spring it on him, so we may be looking at a relay still. I don't think it will be a big problem, but we need to make it as painless as possible for him.

Biggest thing now is finding out where your seller is and where he can meet and when. Best time for me will likely be around 9:30 Sunday morning, somewhere along 11E, but many people in G-ville are busy at that time.
 
JW, i have emailed the seller and asked if meeting Sunday morning along 11E will work for him. awaiting a reply. no worries about how the situation flows after that (provided he can do it of course). I really appreciate your willingness to assist!
 
JW, here is the reply:

"I have to leave for Church by 9:00. Let me see what I can work out. Maybe I could get someone to meet him at the Bulls Gap McDonalds. I'll get back with you as soon as I know something."
 
tremendous thanks to JWinTN (Jason), who is the epitome of positive karma and goingoutofhisway-osity!!
 
I'm glad we could work that out. Strangely coincidental that I would be in Greeneville with a friend from Asheville.

What's funny is that I normally take 11E to G-ville, but because it was in Bulls Gap, I took the interstate because it's a little faster and easier to drive. Well, of course there was a wreck on the interstate. Fortunately, it wasn't a dead stop and it didn't slow me down for too long.

What do you think about the amp? That guy has had a number of things on CL lately.
 
when the amp is firing on all cylinders, it sounds surprisingly good in stock form. it has some type of fault (seller was forthcoming about it) that appears to involve one of the front panel switches. planning a repair then full resto and some mods/updates. def recommend to snag one if found for a reasonable price, if only for the phono stage.
 
Back
Top Bottom