• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

grill replacement for Boston A150?

progger7

Active Member
has anyone tried to put new grill cloth on their A150's? I don't have a set of these speaks yet but considering. Most I've seen have grills in poor condition and seem like the grills would be difficult to recover. Also I prefer the tan cloth to the black.

thoughts?
 
Register to hide this ad
It was really easy to do.

I used grill fabric from Parts Express. Stretch and staple in each corner. Then use Loctite Vinyl, Fabric and Plastic Flexible Adhesive to affix the sides and bottom. Adhesive only need to go on the "back" of the grill. It does help to have a second set of hands, and only took a few minutes to do. Far less drama than I anticipated.
 
thanks for the reply nrenter. I would love to see a pic of the finished product when you get a chance.
 
I just regrilled my A-150's last night. I picked up black grill cloth at Joanne's, cut off the original then used hot glue to glue the new grill cloth in place. Pretty easy but you do end up burning/singing your fingers a bit on the glue but it doesn't hurt too bad :) I can take pics tonight. They turned out great! The backs aren't perfect but still look WAY better than the stock grills ...
 
Pictures are tough for me because my A-150s are packed away. You can see details about my speakers here. Pictures of the new grill material is kinda pointless as the material is black (they won't really show much through pictures) and they pretty much look like brand new grills.
 
Here's some pics of my re-grill. This is actually the first one's I did, not the ones last night. The ones last night turned out better on the back side.

CRW_9655_RJMedium.jpg


CRW_9588_RJMedium.jpg


CRW_9675_RJMedium.jpg


CRW_9676_RJMedium.jpg


CRW_9682_RJMedium.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom