• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Grundig K2 Console

AdamITR

Well-Known Member
Came across this console ... FM/AM/TT, Tube powered, excellent condition. Do you think it's worth $225??

Pic:

grundig.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
In my opinion its worth maybe 100. Especially in upstate NY. Tube consoles are more plentiful there and tend to go for less. Man I have picked up some nice ones in the Syracuse area.
The fact that its German makes it worth a little more. They are more sought after for looks. I know in Florida the German consoles usually fetch a little more money.
Personally I wouldnt pick up that one because it looks to be mono. Maybe you are into that but I am not. Also they are a pain to work on. Everything is packed in tight. I have had Grundig, Saba, and Braun consoles and they are the same. Low powered amps using EL95 tubes. Tight chassis with amp,preamp, and tuner all in one. The most I paid for one was the Braun. Got it for 60 bucks at an estate sale. When I sold it I only got 100 for it. And that was from a guy out of state who restores German consoles.
It probably does have a few Telefunken 12ax7 tubes in it. I know my Grundig did. I put some cheap GE tubes in to replace those and put the Telefunkens in my personal stash
 
Back
Top Bottom