• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Had a 17hr emergency room visit Monday Morning!

It is a good idea to keep those scraps of paper, and also a log of appointments and what was talked about. As much for your own record of the progression of problems and treatment as for anything else. These things can go on for years and you forget the details.
 
I do find that hard work and even being winded has never caused an episode. It's only occured while I was at rest, either awake or asleep.

I've never had an energy drink, never smoked (anything!), never more than 2 sodas and usually only one every other day and don't drink too much. Sometimes having maybe 3-4 glasses of wine at a time can not be an issue and occasionally it does. In other words it's really random for me but I'm sure for others lifestyle changes help.

I did want to advise all to AVOID AMIODARONE if at ALL POSSIBLE! It's a vile drug that harms your body and it gave me fits with more episodes and also I started having PVC's. Basically the feeling there is your heart feels like it's trying to leap out of your chest. I had an ER doc tell me they are common in folks as they age (hey!) and nowhere near as dangerous as a-fib. I bet HE never experienced it.

Let us know how the cardio rope-a-dope goes.

Randy
 
The wife got a call last night with a cancellation to Cardiology and it was offered to her for this morning. She saw the cardiologist whom she knows pretty well and he told her that he wants to do a chemical treadmill test on her. He also asked about her diet, stress level etc. He listened to her heart and asked her to tell him when she feels it flutter in which she could not tell. He replied that it hasn't stopped since he started listening and she is getting used to the little ones.

He perscribed another medication on top of the Metoprolol called "Flecainide Acetate" and to continue with the Aspirin Daily regimen. She has to watch her pulse with this med in case it goes to 45 in which she will stop the Metoprolol if that were to occur and go to ER if drops below 40. She can take up to 6 of the Flecainide in 15 minute intervals if needed to bring her heart rate down but if it does not go down after that, she needs to go to ER.

Cardiologist said that the worst case senario for her would be a pace maker, but then said that she is too young for that.

That's all the info I have for now until the Treadmill test in 2 wks.

Thank you all!
 
Good, progress has been made! I've been on fleccanide. I hope it's not the one that gives you a metallic taste in your mouth, yuck!! Thanks for the update...

Randy
 
Back
Top Bottom