• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Happy Labor Day.....Anyone doing any labor?

Today not a lot, just cleaning up around the apartment.

I also decided to listen to Pink Floyd's The Wall finally. Done side 1, side 2 is coming up next..
 
Been working 7 days a week for most of the last two months.
Made up my mind midweek to take a THREE DAY WEEKEND.
Surprised myself by actually doing it.
 
Today not a lot, just cleaning up around the apartment.

I also decided to listen to Pink Floyd's The Wall finally. Done side 1, side 2 is coming up next..
I did that in the car on Friday, around town and on I-94. CD dubbed from my LP of it. Not bad.
 
Day 2 of 4 of night shift. 7 pm to 7 am, and rotate every 4 days. Only good thing is 4 days off inbetween. Place runs all year, so I get stuck working some holidays every year. That is the bad part of the job, but hey I am working.....and that is something to be thankful for.

Regards
Mister Pig
 
The night shift all weekend and all week :sigh: Hey wait a minute since when do pigs do shift work or any work at all for that matter.
 
Day 2 of 4 of night shift. 7 pm to 7 am, and rotate every 4 days. Only good thing is 4 days off inbetween. Place runs all year, so I get stuck working some holidays every year. That is the bad part of the job, but hey I am working.....and that is something to be thankful for.

Regards
Mister Pig

This is a tough economy. Manage the barnyard during my off time and work shift at the local papermill. How else can I afford this audio gear, smart phone, and a computer?

Regards
Mister Pig
 
Got my regular time and a half Saturday night with 2 hours OT. Got time and half plus 4 hours additional holiday pay last night. Had some French cuisine this morning and watched "The Stepford Wives" and "Squirm" on Youtube. Trying to get myself out the door to work again at the moment. Thank God my partial root canal isn't giving me any trouble. It gets finished on Friday.
 
I was scheduled to work today, but called in sick. Well at least I called myself and told me to stay home.:D Sat on the couch and watched a Rizzoli & Isles Marathon until I got a call for a business meeting. Got a few jobs lined up and went tool shopping.

Not really labor, but more work than I had planned.
 
Day 2 of 4 of night shift. 7 pm to 7 am, and rotate every 4 days. Only good thing is 4 days off inbetween. Place runs all year, so I get stuck working some holidays every year.
Regards
Mister Pig
Ugh. After taking nearly the whole of July and August off, work begins again tomorrow, 0500 wakeup...

I feel your pain, Pig -- I do 12s as well, and I really do like the extra time off. Due to recently "expanding" our program, I will now have the joy of sometimes working 7-7 too, a thing I've not done in a looong time. We too are open 365/24hrs, and the stat pay is great; Labour Day is a 'super-stat' so it's $ x 2.5 (we're never short on stats ;) ). But the older I get, the more I find that the time is irreplaceable. Life is short, I haven't booked an OT in a couple of years now...
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom