• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Happy Labor Day.....Anyone doing any labor?

woodville66

Active Member
Happy Labor Day to all. Just wondering if anyone is planning any labor today related to audio stuff.

Thank goodness I do not have to work today. So I am going to take a trip to the big box home improvement store and do some pricing on what it will take to build my vinyl storage cabinet I have been planning. Then I am going to clean some newly purchased flea market vinyl.

And sometime today after grilling something on the bbq I plan to give a listen to a few albums and relax.

:yes:
 
Register to hide this ad
Retired now, so no work for me... at least, not paying work. :D


However, for 30 yrs. I never had a Labor Day off... or a 4th of July, or Memorial Day for that matter. Those were our busiest weekends.
 
Day off for me . Not really audio related , I guess , but I'm going to put a set of Bass Line pick ups on my P-Bass . Sit around and wank on it for a while I guess . Been to too many birthday cook outs this weekend already so I wont be doing that . Just going to enjoy the day all by myself .
Hope you all have a great one !!
Rudy .
 
Working till 6 tonight! :^(

Happy Labor Day to all!
Regards,
Jim
 
Happy holiday back atcha. I'm off today--until I get "called in" Which will most likely happen..
 
I'm retired, but, I am going to cut the grass in my backyard so does that count? Tunes later on my record spinning machine then backribs on the BBQ while enjoying a few fermented adult beverages
 
No work today! I'm finally getting around to listening to the first disc from the Grateful Dead 1990 Spring box set. Sounds great too. Happy Labor Day!
 
Semi-retired (school starts tmrw and so do I!!) . . . Tho there be some work to do around the the house, minor chores and such, I shan't indulge . . . :D

Methinks we will see the flick about the kid who comes from the garden to the childless couple . . . I believe he is part vegetation, part hopes and dreams . . . But it is rated PG, so finally there's a movie I won't feel awkward about seeing with my 12 yr old daughter, as I don't think there will be any wee-wee or poo-poo jokes/references, titty or butt shots or just plain off-color dialogue from both adults or beyond their years children . . . In short, some real family entertainment!

Afterwards, some grilling' n chillin'! :thmbsp: . . .

Here's a question; can I remove the gas guts from my grill and turn it into a charcoal burner?- I am a recent re-vert to coal (Saturday) at my PA retreat . . .

A safe and restful Labor Day to all!!

Jim
 
Last day of holiday for a long while for me. I've spent my morning drinking coffee and listening to NPR at my girlfriend's place where I have been staying since the lightning strike and fire at my home earlier in the summer. Work continues on the house and I am afraid I will have to move back in tomorrow with it 20% done and filthy. Ah well, progress at least.

At any rate the listening is on my Accuphase E-202 and Yamaha T-1020 tuner that I rescued after the fire and brought to my girlfriend's place a few days back. I was incredibly happy to discover that after a bit of cleaning both are looking, functioning and sounding great. Neither had been in rotation for quite awhile and the exercise has opened them back up. Gotta love that E-202 liquid openness. I will miss it when I eventually pull them and put the Technics SA-700 receiver (Christmas gift to my GF a couple of years back) into the system once more. It sounds just fine, but ya know..... not in the same class.

This afternoon I will labour though, stripping and refinishing the walnut on an antique sofa preparatory to reupholstering and also the same for a super platform rocker we rescued from the side of the road in N. Michigan on the weekend. Handy to have a trailer on the trip!

Happy Labour Day.
 
Last edited:
Semi-retired (school starts tmrw and so do I!!) . . . Tho there be some work to do around the the house, minor chores and such, I shan't indulge . . . :D

Methinks we will see the flick about the kid who comes from the garden to the childless couple . . . I believe he is part vegetation, part hopes and dreams . . . But it is rated PG, so finally there's a movie I won't feel awkward about seeing with my 12 yr old daughter, as I don't think there will be any wee-wee or poo-poo jokes/references, titty or butt shots or just plain off-color dialogue from both adults or beyond their years children . . . In short, some real family entertainment!

Afterwards, some grilling' n chillin'! :thmbsp: . . .

Here's a question; can I remove the gas guts from my grill and turn it into a charcoal burner?- I am a recent re-vert to coal (Saturday) at my PA retreat . . .

A safe and restful Labor Day to all!!

Jim

I don't see why you cannot run charcoal in a former gas BBQ. I have done it in past with a roadside find during a particularly impecunious patch. The only thing is to give some thought to the area where the coals will rest so that they have enough air but are not dropping flammables all over the ground underneath. Have fun.
 
Semi-retired (school starts tmrw and so do I!!) . . . Tho there be some work to do around the the house, minor chores and such, I shan't indulge . . . :D

Methinks we will see the flick about the kid who comes from the garden to the childless couple . . . I believe he is part vegetation, part hopes and dreams . . . But it is rated PG, so finally there's a movie I won't feel awkward about seeing with my 12 yr old daughter, as I don't think there will be any wee-wee or poo-poo jokes/references, titty or butt shots or just plain off-color dialogue from both adults or beyond their years children . . . In short, some real family entertainment!

Afterwards, some grilling' n chillin'! :thmbsp: . . .

Here's a question; can I remove the gas guts from my grill and turn it into a charcoal burner?- I am a recent re-vert to coal (Saturday) at my PA retreat . . .

A safe and restful Labor Day to all!!

Jim

I once took a gas grill and removed the burners and used it for charcoal. The holes in the bottoms I simply at first covered by making a bed if you will of heavy foil. Later I went to a scrap yard and got a thick piece of steel cut to fit the bottom to cover the holes. It worked very nice for a cheap charcoal grill. Then I was hooked and bought a large smoker and have never wanted a gas grill since.
 
Well, I just had a guy come over and pickup a broken Dual 1226 to use for a spinner to wood glue clean LPs and now I'm cleaning up the garage enough so I can build a bunch of sliding pots and pan bins for under our kitchen cabs.
 
working till 1730 local and then up the road for a few hours.
if I get Holiday Differential (I think we still have it) can afford some more tunes!
 
Visitors coming this afternoon, so been cleaning, dusting, washing windows, etc. Trying to convey the impression that I'm not really a pig. ;)
 
I got a call from Germany; one of my servers got retired and the alarm I had set to monitor it needed to be disabled. So I fixed that.

On the audio front, I bought a new-to-me R2R unit yesterday for ten bucks and it needed a new motor run capacitor. So I replaced it and made a tutorial about it and posted it here:

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=466471

I don't know if that's labor. It was fun more than anything else.
 
Back
Top Bottom