• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Hardly can't wait!

unfortunately they were in my garage (hit by a tornado), but I will check it out tomorrow - I bought some of the sensor switches for mine and had extra. Not sure if I can find them, but I will look. Search thru the posts to find the part number - came from digikey. Only a few bucks a piece


from my notes (verbatim):

-------- microswitches -------------
Simulated roller microswitch: Digikey SW777-ND

Digikey catalog confirms gold contacts, and are $0.92 in 1-24 quantity.

IIAC: CT-F1000's Service manual confirms uses Simulated roller RSF-021
microswitch: Digikey SW777-ND which has an end shaped like a
little question mark.
The ctf-9191 service manual confirms the "same" microswitch, RSF-017, which
according to http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com is
officially subbed by the RSF-021.

The gold contacts are much more reliable over time, they don't carry any
real current at all.
---
DigiKey shows 0 available but Mouser has them.
Part Number 653-SS-01GL13PT for the Quick connect terminals
Part Number 653-SS-01GL13PD for Solder Terminals
Which one should I get?
answer: solder terminals
---------
 
Thanks for the info on the Micro switch! It will probably take me a while to get to that. Have order Belts and FF/REW pulley.
Possibly found a replacement for the Cam locks for the Rack; http://www.hardwaretree.com/proddetail.php?prod=KE-25DU91
And I will call IKEA tomorrow. If they have them I can go for a drive. I have also found the link in the DYI section for Rack refurbishing. Seems that my bottom plate took a bit bigger beating. I am also missing a lot of the black laminate.
Some furniture rearrangement is in my future and I have some choices to make on how to fill in the rack based on what Speakers I will hook up. Main Speakers will be S-1010 and I might put some 15" EV's next to them.
 
What a shame that wasnt dissassembled. I would never move my rack without taking it down. Those racks are not meant to move and bear stresses/torsion like that.
 
Thanks for the info on the Micro switch! It will probably take me a while to get to that. Have order Belts and FF/REW pulley.
Possibly found a replacement for the Cam locks for the Rack; http://www.hardwaretree.com/proddetail.php?prod=KE-25DU91
And I will call IKEA tomorrow. If they have them I can go for a drive. I have also found the link in the DYI section for Rack refurbishing. Seems that my bottom plate took a bit bigger beating. I am also missing a lot of the black laminate.
Some furniture rearrangement is in my future and I have some choices to make on how to fill in the rack based on what Speakers I will hook up. Main Speakers will be S-1010 and I might put some 15" EV's next to them.

when you get to the innards of that ct-f1000, read this:
http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=292583

you MIGHT even want to consider preemptively sleeving the ff/rew idler's clutch to prevent future problems, if it isn't already cracked. (I'm not getting rich off the fix, and may not always be around to do it when it does let loose - I'm thinking of the deck, not me...)
 
Regarding the Rack I have been able to locate the Cam locks, they came in yesterday and they work. Besides the bottom shelf needing some extensive restoration work making new pockets for the Cam lock. I am looking for some matching veneer. I have only been able to find black laminate that is a lot more thicker and comes in really large sheets. Black edge banding is not large enough to cover the sides of the top shelf.
The issue with the Tuner is now at the insurance company I am awaiting a call from them.
 
Today I got a settlement offer and apology for the damage from the shiping company.
Still looking for black veneer to fix the top shelf of the rack.
 
Update on the TX-9500II, AK member mpholland was able to part with his non working unit. And I have replaced the deformed parts from mine with his parts. The unit looks great and works without any problems. He did a good job in packaging the parts.
 
I saw a similar situation on the auction site. The seller absolutely refused to ship separately. It closed twice that I saw without a bid. In the questions area several said it would not make it safe if shipped in the rack.

Regards,

Ron.
 
Back
Top Bottom