• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Harman Kardon A300 / A30K Redplating

Just to update... I replaced the transformer with one I'd obtained from eBay, and the amp is working well. Controls are nice and quiet, the sound is quite nice with excellent imaging, and it definitely 'feels' more powerful than its rating of 12 watts. There is a little bit of hum, however, that seems to be coming from the power amp section, or at least it's audible with the volume turned down all the way. I've read that hum can be an issue with these amps due to grounding and that some simple changes will resolve that.
 
Back
Top Bottom